Beta 1.3.120 Observations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum

1GFRover -> Beta 1.3.120 Observations (12/9/2006 11:26:19 PM)

v.1.3.120: I'm looking forward to exploring this new release!

I started a new league and then set up the draft profile. I noticed that the initial draft order is not a random ordering of the 24 team I have in the league, the draft order is alphabetical according to team name. Is this intentional? Bug? Oversight? Is there a way to make the initial draft order random? Or manually re-order the draft?

Tullius -> RE: Beta 1.3.120 Observations (12/9/2006 11:29:57 PM)

quote:

Is this intentional?

Design decision. It is so from day 1. But after the first season the worst teams has the first pick.

1GFRover -> RE: Beta 1.3.120 Observations (12/9/2006 11:30:40 PM)

Ah... OK. Thanks

1GFRover -> RE: Beta 1.3.120 Observations (12/10/2006 12:46:01 AM)

v.1.3.120:
It appears that in the Depth Chart there is no longer an Auto Fill option (formation view); additionally, in the Roster View of the Depth Chart, there isn't an "order + or -" / order up or down push buttons on the right side of the screen that allowed for ordering the depth of each position within the roster view. 
This was a very good tool in the previous version.  Sad to see it's no longer there.  Was this an intentional change? or Oversight?

David Winter -> RE: Beta 1.3.120 Observations (12/10/2006 2:14:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1GFRover

v.1.3.120:
It appears that in the Depth Chart there is no longer an Auto Fill option (formation view); additionally, in the Roster View of the Depth Chart, there isn't an "order + or -" / order up or down push buttons on the right side of the screen that allowed for ordering the depth of each position within the roster view. 
This was a very good tool in the previous version.  Sad to see it's no longer there.  Was this an intentional change? or Oversight?

This was intentional. If the team is computer controlled, you can no longer change its roster or depth chart. People had noticed that their depth chart and roster changes were being overwritten by the computer (as was supposed to happen) so I removed the ability to change those things on computer controlled teams all together.

1GFRover -> RE: Beta 1.3.120 Observations (12/10/2006 2:24:29 AM)

I can understand the need for this change for computer controlled teams.  However, for a human controlled team this removes a simple means for a human to adjust the depth charts... i.e., in the roster view moving players up or down... unless I'm not understanding how you intended the depth chart to function.

David Winter -> RE: Beta 1.3.120 Observations (12/10/2006 2:29:31 AM)

No, it turns out there's a bug. Humans should not be able to control anything on a team if the team is computer controlled. However the buttons are not displaying if the team is human controlled either.

I'll have to get a patch out for that pretty quick.

1GFRover -> RE: Beta 1.3.120 Observations (12/10/2006 2:33:51 AM)

Sorry... I didn't mean to be a pain...

David Winter -> RE: Beta 1.3.120 Observations (12/10/2006 2:36:53 AM)

I don't think you're being a pain.. I'm just aggravated because this bug slipped through is all. [:@]

1GFRover -> RE: Beta 1.3.120 Observations (12/10/2006 2:38:52 AM)

I'm here to help!  Anything I can do...

David Winter -> RE: Beta 1.3.120 Observations (12/10/2006 2:43:30 AM)

Thanks,

but other than continuing to post as you find things, these are up to me to correct..

Bucky -> RE: Beta 1.3.120 Observations (12/12/2006 6:13:10 PM)

Thanks David,

I noticed the same thing and was going to make a thread, but found someone has already done so. I'll be waiting for a new beta, hopefully soon. I work in software and I know how these things happen. It is disappointing and frustrating when it does. I kind of know how you feel.

This is the only thing keeping me from really starting in on the game.

Keep the improvements coming!!!!!

marcntx -> RE: Beta 1.3.120 Observations (12/14/2006 3:39:42 AM)

David, I just wanted to say that one of the great features of MF that has been added (and probably overlooked by many) is the player photos automatically added to the player card. I forgot about it until I went to add some photos and the .bmp's were already tagged to the player. I guess it's the football card collector in me that really loves this feature. See example.

David Winter -> RE: Beta 1.3.120 Observations (12/14/2006 3:54:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: marcntx

David, I just wanted to say that one of the great features of MF that has been added (and probably overlooked by many) is the player photos automatically added to the player card. I forgot about it until I went to add some photos and the .bmp's were already tagged to the player. I guess it's the football card collector in me that really loves this feature. See example.

Someone asked for that.. Sorry, I forget who it was (it may have been you [:)] ). I just remember reading the thread and figuring it was something fairly simple to add.

The way the feature works is you simply need a 128*128 bitmap named lastname_firstname.bmp in the player photos folder. The game should use it by default and you can over ride it by selecting another picture using the original method.

David

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI