Low Animation Mode Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

Paul65 -> Low Animation Mode Question (12/10/2006 2:47:20 AM)

I was wondering if anyone could help me change the game to low animation mode? Not being very computer savy I am not sure how to access the .ini file to make the changes (I wish there was a button to click! LOL). I have windows XP. Any help would be most greatly appreciated! Thanks! AWESOME game by the way even playing without the detailed combat!

marecone -> RE: Low Animation Mode Question (12/10/2006 3:02:17 AM)

Ok. Somebody here told me about it and now it is time for me to tell you [:D]
Simply rename sound, video and music folders to nosound, nomusic and novideo. You will be able to play detail battles as well.

Enjoy

Paul65 -> RE: Low Animation Mode Question (12/10/2006 3:09:56 AM)

Thanks so much! I will give it a shot and let you know how it goes. I appreciate it. On to Richmond! [:)]

Adam Parker -> RE: Low Animation Mode Question (12/10/2006 11:37:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paul65

I was wondering if anyone could help me change the game to low animation mode? Not being very computer savy I am not sure how to access the .ini file to make the changes

It's very easy and I don't work in IT. The trick is to find your ini file. Go to your Windows folder in Windows Explorer.

Look for a file called Forge of Freedom. It will look like a note with a cog. Open it with Notepad.

Paste the following line in it at the bottom "LOWANIM=1"

Done. You won't have to touch your sound with 512MB Ram.

Paul65 -> RE: Low Animation Mode Question (12/11/2006 5:13:21 AM)

Thank you so much for the help! I made the change and will see if it works!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI