What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Andy_PZ -> What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/12/2006 6:06:21 PM)

My choice is World in Flames, from what I have read it will devour my spare time and I will end up in the doghouse with the girlfriend[:D]

IandMe -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/12/2006 8:03:39 PM)

Mass Effect.

If it lives up to only half the hype it would still be an awesome game.

Hertston -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/12/2006 8:41:00 PM)

Battlefront, and the Vietnam 'edition' of Divided Ground.

sol_invictus -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/12/2006 8:49:57 PM)

Battlefront, Guns of August, EU3, AGEOD-ACW, and Empires in Arms. I've tried to put World in Flames and Combined Arms out of my mind so that I won't go crazy while waiting.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/12/2006 10:43:54 PM)

AGEOD-ACW
EuropaUniversalis3

shunwick -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/12/2006 10:47:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy_PZ

My choice is World in Flames, from what I have read it will devour my spare time and I will end up in the doghouse with the girlfriend[:D]

I would agree with World in Flames. But I am curious, why is your girlfriend already in the doghouse and what has she done with the dog?

Best wishes,

anarchyintheuk -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/12/2006 10:48:29 PM)

Guns of August
Ageod -ACW

Skeleton -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/13/2006 12:10:06 AM)

Guns of August, HistWar Les Grognards, World in Flames (whenever it comes)

Kuokkanen -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/13/2006 12:44:05 PM)

I'm huge fan of Total Annihilation and thus I'm looking forward to Supreme Commander.

However my secret gift wish for christmas is Classic BattleTech scenario book Sword and Dragon and related maps & MechPacks... I doubt those won't make it in Finland in time either and I'm broke anyway (all that would cost ~100 €) [:(]

JeF -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/13/2006 12:50:17 PM)

SSG's Carriers at War and Panther Games' Battles From The Bulge.

For the later, hopefully I can get my hands dirty and make it happen in due time.
Both represent my ideal game. Operational (but limited, nearly tactical), Continuous Time (mostly), Intense.

I follow HistWar, it seems to have an interresting concept. I stopped looking at it too closely : the more I look at it, the more it is late. [;)]

JeF.

Mike Wood -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/14/2006 2:31:36 AM)

Matrix's Carrier Force. Could be a really good game.

Raverdave -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/14/2006 3:28:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Wood

Whats this one????????

Deathtreader -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/14/2006 3:37:13 AM)

Hi all,

Panther's Battles for the Bulge, SSG's Battlefront and Carriers at War, and the moribund (but apparently not terminal) Combined Arms.

Rob.

Neilster -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/14/2006 3:52:47 AM)

World in Flames.

The feeble, decadent Western Powers and the stumbling Soviet colossus will be crushed under the Axis jackboot. [:-]

Unless, of course, the industrial might of the U.S, the impossible vastness and resilience of Russia and the global reach of the Commonwealth combine to strangle the Fascist viper. [:D]

Or a bit of both. [:'(]

Cheers, Neilster

TheHellPatrol -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/14/2006 3:56:24 AM)

Battlefront and Carriers at War, but if i could only choose one game i'm glad i got Forge Of Freedom[&o][:)].

[image]local://upfiles/12630/443BC1228CD6473585F2570E677F97A3.gif[/image]

ravinhood -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/14/2006 5:59:02 AM)

Forge of Freedom when it finally gets here. Older Matrix games as they add PRINTED MANUALS to them finally. Carriers at War for sure. HISTwars Les Grognards, Close Combat Campaigns (if it ever sees the light of day). CWIF AFTER I read if the AI is any good. These grand strategy operational games rarely have a decent AI. And most of all SPORES!! I can hardly wait to get my hands on SPORES.

BTW Matrix fellas any idea which games are going to get the printed manuals first?

scott64 -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/14/2006 6:00:49 AM)

EU 3 [:'(]

[sm=00000028.gif][sm=00001746.gif][sm=Crazy-1271.gif]

ravinhood -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/14/2006 6:10:44 AM)

EU 3??!! EUUUUUUUU lolol

Xavier5733 -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/14/2006 10:01:44 AM)

Ageod -ACW and Empires in Arms [&o]

Kizardvexius -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/14/2006 6:41:35 PM)

Combat Leader : Cross of Iron. [:'(]

naaa just joking. Sadly.[:(]

sabre100 -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/14/2006 10:52:48 PM)

Carriers at War definitely, still the have the DOS classic.  Anybody know if it will be out by Christmas?

Erik Rutins -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/14/2006 10:55:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood
BTW Matrix fellas any idea which games are going to get the printed manuals first?

New releases, then only as time allows will we go back and do older ones. Our schedule for the future is really busy, so it will take some time to revisit existing releases.

Regards,

- Erik

Bodhi -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/14/2006 11:22:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre100

Carriers at War definitely, still the have the DOS classic. Anybody know if it will be out by Christmas?

No Carriers At War For Santa: Gregor_SSG

ravinhood -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/15/2006 2:17:18 AM)

Lol nobody mentioned Mark Walkers (I think thas his name) "Lock n Load" computerized game. Shame on us. ;)

Poolmick -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/15/2006 7:00:33 AM)

CC III

CC VI

Mike Wood -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/15/2006 7:44:34 AM)

Hello...

Gary and I are working on it, right now. Sort of like UV, but with 15 minute tactical turns and player control over individual aircraft. To be followed by the new Carrier Strike.

Bye...

Michael Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Wood

Whats this one????????

Iron Duke -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/15/2006 12:00:07 PM)

So if I get read this right there's three 'repeat' three carrier games on the developement/release calender 'Carriers at War' , 'Carrier Force' and 'Carrier Strike' --correct?[&o][&o]

You must know my next question? [:D]-- any info / details on 'Carrier Force' and 'Carrier Strike' -- how far along are they in developement ?

Way back in the distant past I remember that somebody made a utility that ported naval/carrier battles from PacWar into Carrier Strike and the results back to PacWar -- will this be a function in the new Carrier Strike?

Again any snippets of info on these games would be great.

Cheers

Terminus -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/15/2006 12:32:31 PM)

AFAIK, Carrier Force is a hybrid with UV (tactical game attached to strategic game). No reason to do it in Carrier Strike: The Next Generation...

Marc von Martial -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/15/2006 12:38:24 PM)

Still looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R, if it is ever done ... [;)]

Mike Wood -> RE: What Games is everyone most looking forward to ? (12/15/2006 10:59:42 PM)

Hello...

1) Carriers at War is being done by another development team. Sure it will be great. Ours will be better.
2) Have flight decks done and are working on in flight orders screen and catapult screen. Game will play in strategic mode until carriers get within range, when it will drop into tactical mode. Will also have option to always run in tactical mode or switch back and forth.
3) Dionne did the utility when we were making the Matrix patch for PacWar.

Bye...

Michael Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iron Duke

So if I get read this right there's three 'repeat' three carrier games on the developement/release calender 'Carriers at War' , 'Carrier Force' and 'Carrier Strike' --correct?[&o][&o]

You must know my next question? [:D]-- any info / details on 'Carrier Force' and 'Carrier Strike' -- how far along are they in developement ?

Way back in the distant past I remember that somebody made a utility that ported naval/carrier battles from PacWar into Carrier Strike and the results back to PacWar -- will this be a function in the new Carrier Strike?

Again any snippets of info on these games would be great.

Cheers

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI