Questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

helop5 -> Questions (12/12/2006 6:53:53 PM)

Could someone help me with buildings?

1. When you build multiple camps in a province and then have a telegraph does that double the output for all of the camps in the province?

2. When you have two foundries in a provice does that add .4 quality value to an artillery brigade being produced or does that only add .2 quality?

3. Is there any benefit to having a partisan versus a raider and vice versa? Are they essentially the same unit, but take different materials to build?

Thank you in advance.

genie144 -> RE: Questions (12/12/2006 6:58:57 PM)

1. NO.  The telegraph is referring to the number of reinforcements that are called into the province if you are attacked.  So if you have an army being attacked in Province A and you have 20k men in Province B next to it and you call for reinforcements.  If without a telegram 5k troops would make it to the battle than 10k troops would make it to the battle with the telegraph.  Camps build replacement soldiers for your brigades not reinforcements.

Don't have the game so I can't answer the other two questions.

Sam

helop5 -> RE: Questions (12/12/2006 9:11:58 PM)

Sam,

I think you are mistaken. The camps produce reinforcements for your brigades and it is my understanding that the telegraph lines double the number produced by that camp (i.e. instead of 500 it produces one thousand).

Hard Sarge -> RE: Questions (12/12/2006 9:18:41 PM)

no, Sam has it right, Teles are for Reinforcements for battles, Camps make Replacements for losses (may be a nameing issue that is confusing people)

(there is a Upgrade that will give your camps a 33% increase)

Two foundries will give you two bonuses, they stack

I would say the two types are still different and will have different chances to do there damage

(I know Raiders help with Scouting rolls, do not know if Partisans do ?)

genie144 -> RE: Questions (12/12/2006 9:18:53 PM)

There was a discussion of this a day or two after the release.  Reinforcements refer to when calling reinforcements for battle from another province versus camps which replace dead people.  If you think of what the telegraphs did during this time period, it makes sense.  I believe it was Gil who explained the difference.  Hopefully someone will chime in for you though.

Sam

helop5 -> RE: Questions (12/12/2006 9:47:47 PM)

Thank you for the clarification...Sam, I apologize for questioning you [;)]

Joram -> RE: Questions (12/12/2006 10:29:45 PM)

Partisans have a "+20" bonus for scouting while Raiders have a "+30" I believe. Both are virtually guaranteed to give higher bonuses than a cav unit (unless it has scouting attribute I think) and are always better than an inf brigade.

Oh, the other difference is Partisans take 100 labor to produce while Raiders I believe are 100 horses. So depending on your surplus you could build either as I don't think they actually have different missions. I haven't noticed different probabilities either.

Gil R. -> RE: Questions (12/13/2006 4:27:43 AM)

Hard Sarge and Joram are both right.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI