Maximum-Football Board Moderation (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

Marauders -> Maximum-Football Board Moderation (12/14/2006 2:41:18 AM)

I would like to take a moment to give Maximum-Football community members the news that I have been accepted as a board moderator. That means I will be able to post polls and clean up threads if they get out of hand.

I will try not to edit posts unless they are against board rules or have personal attacks. I hope to be even handed, but I ask that you all understand that some things that are unacceptable or cause problems in this board may be edited or deleted.

Although this board is available to the public, it is a private board owned by Matrix Games, and there must be some control over its content.

I hope most of the community will agree that this is a positive direction for Matrix Games and Maximum-Football.

Thanks!

Todd (Marauders)

Shaggyra -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (12/14/2006 2:57:24 AM)

Good for you!

I think you will be good for this position.

David Winter -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (12/14/2006 3:56:15 AM)

Sounds good.

garysorrell -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (12/14/2006 4:03:46 AM)

Fantastic news Marauders, glad to hear it. Now, start crackin that whip.

Bucky -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (12/14/2006 6:56:21 AM)

Matrix made a great choice!!!!!!

Brockleigh -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (12/14/2006 6:59:03 AM)

Agreed. [8D]

Marauders -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (12/14/2006 5:35:31 PM)

Thank you for your kind replies and PM's.

I will be editing and moving threads from time to time in order to clean up the board.  This may mean that members may lose a few posts that may have been part of distruptive or redundant threads.  I will do my best to retain as much on-topic information as I may.

Note that I will not single any member out, as long as posts are not just trolling mechanisms. 

If changes are made, please PM me if you have concerns, but I expect the changes made to not be changed back or reposted.

It is my hope that little will need to be done to keep this board clean and easy to use for community members in the future.

- Todd (Marauders)

Marauders -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (2/17/2009 3:05:47 AM)

Maximum Football community members, with David no longer working on this project, and Matrix Games no longer in need of someone to rally support for this title, I am done here.

I thank you all for your many PMs, emails, questions, discussions, and support.

May you all be in good health.

- Todd (Marauders)

DreamTeams -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (2/17/2009 6:17:07 PM)

Thanks for all your fine work, Marauders.

Will you still be checking in from time to time, just not moderating, or are you stepping away from the forum all togther?

micvik -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (2/17/2009 6:40:27 PM)

Thanks Marauders,

Hope you'll still be around.

VCFL Commish -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (2/18/2009 3:40:10 AM)

This seems like another blow to me to the community.I wish Marauders good luck in the future and thanks for what you have done for the forum

Brodie -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (2/18/2009 6:58:14 PM)

quote:

This seems like another blow to me to the community.I wish Marauders good luck in the future and thanks for what you have done for the forum

I have to agee with everything posted here thats why the forum at Mykal site I believe is going to have a greater role to fill in the future.

Bucky -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (2/18/2009 11:08:42 PM)

So is Max Football dead?

Mykal -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (2/19/2009 1:00:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brodie

quote:

I have to agee with everything posted here thats why the forum at Mykal site I believe is going to have a greater role to fill in the future.

That may well be

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bucky

So is Max Football dead?

Not at all, alive and kicking man

simmer -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (2/19/2009 2:44:28 AM)

I'll be in favor of Mykal hosting a forum. He has alot of heart towrds this game. I would also be in favor of making a donation to the host.

NOW LET'S DO IT AND OPEN UP THE UNEDITED FILES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[sm=character0272.gif][sm=character0272.gif][sm=character0272.gif]

Mykal -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (2/19/2009 4:00:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: simmer

I'll be in favor of Mykal hosting a forum. He has alot of heart towrds this game. I would also be in favor of making a donation to the host.

their already is one Simmer, been going for around a month now
so far 20 guys have signed up for it, so join us if you like.

as for donations, NO need for that, you keep ya' dollars man
I've always done what I do for this this title because I like too but thanks very much for the vote of confidence, means alot.

simmer -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (2/19/2009 11:59:51 AM)

OK
NOW LET'S DO IT AND OPEN UP THE UNEDITED FILES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[sm=character0272.gif][sm=character0272.gif][sm=character0272.gif]

Mykal -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (2/19/2009 3:33:32 PM)

if you can crack open the remaining parts of the game simmer.......go ahead, I'll happily work on them for ya

I'm not sure theirs anyone left around though that can do that.

Brodie -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (2/19/2009 8:06:22 PM)

Someone was able to open up a file can`t remember what it was but it was for the goalposts but it kind of got stopped because Dave didn`t want it open but I believe all bets are off because Dave like Elvis has left the room.I would love to see the goalposts unpacked so I can put in the double posts.

Mykal -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (2/20/2009 1:27:24 AM)

Yes, Gil (local8h) unpacked them originally
aswell as being asked not to mess with them, their was another problem
the file was huge, I mean really huge

I know because I too had a go at it
its my belief that if you tamper with them by making the old style H posts
your only going to make the file even bigger, then comes the old age problem of:

will they load up on peoples PC's, not everyone has a high powerd machine
I dont believe either that enough people would use them,
which comes down to - is it worth the effort it will take,
it wouldnt be worth my time anyway, not when I already have so many other things to work on

But dont let that stop anyone else, if you dont mind running the risk of what ever David would make of it

Marauders -> RE: Maximum-Football Board Moderation (3/31/2009 7:36:52 PM)

quote:

DreamTeams asked:

Thanks for all your fine work, Marauders.

Will you still be checking in from time to time, just not moderating, or are you stepping away from the forum all togther?

I'll check in from time to time, but there isn't much I can do here.

David wanted the board to be run one way, Matrix Games wanted it run another way, and some of the community wanted it to go in a different direction. There wasn't a lot of give, and that put me in the middle.

In the end, it wasn't really up to me; with things being slow, Matrix Games decided the board no longer needed any outside moderation. That's too bad, because I believe a lot more could be done with the official board, the official website, and the game itself, but I have no control over those things. I don't think questions will get answered in a timely manner either, as there is really no one at Matrix Games that knows the insides of the game like David, the beta guys, and myself.

I don't really have much time to put into Maximum Football anymore, but if I find time, I'll post here or on Mykal's board.

Thank you for the thank you, and go Dragons!

- Marauders

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI