Fonts and resolution mod? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

KahunaPete -> Fonts and resolution mod? (12/15/2006 2:39:10 AM)

I have a monitor running at 1400 x 1250 and the fonts look awful...plus I'd like to get away from using white as the text color.

Anyway to change the resolution inside the game or change the font colors?

wdolson -> RE: Fonts and resolution mod? (12/15/2006 3:50:08 AM)

The text on the map could be changed by changing the map files, though that would require a graphics editor. I don't know of any way to change the fonts on the information dialogs or any of the other game screens.

Bill

MarcA -> RE: Fonts and resolution mod? (12/15/2006 9:29:38 AM)

There is an -altfont command line parameter which provides a larger font for the in game screens. From the whats new document

quote:

Using the command line parameter –altFont now switches the game font from 14 point Times New Roman to 15 point Ucida Sans Unicode. This font is a bit larger and may work better on some monitors. Although this feature is unsupported, a goodly number of minor changes to text-boxes, listboxes and text placement were made to account for the larger font size.

and

quote:

To use the new, larger font:
1) Create a shortcut from the EXE (right-click on it then drag & drop it).
2) Right-Click on the new shortcut and choose properties.
3) Add space then -altFont to the far right of the “War in the Pacific.exe" on the Target line, such as
“C:\Matrix\War in the Pacific.exe -altFont"

Don't forget the other switches. If you want, add another space then tack one of these 6 on -ww -wd -dw -dd -colorBlind –deepColor (windowed weekly autosave, windowed daily autosave, full screen weekly, full screen daily, use white text for most common text and initialize game in 32 bit color), such as “C:\Games\War in the Pacific.exe -dd -colorBlind".

VSWG -> RE: Fonts and resolution mod? (12/15/2006 5:26:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KahunaPete

Anyway to change the resolution inside the game or change the font colors?

It's impossible to change the game's resolution. I recommend running WitP in windowed mode to avoid the game being 'stretched' to match the monitor's resolution.

KahunaPete -> RE: Fonts and resolution mod? (12/15/2006 9:08:14 PM)

good stuff thanks!

but when I try to add the -altFont switch in the target line of the shortcut, XP says the path is invalid and won't let me add it.

"F:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\War in the Pacific.exe -altFont"

The other switches such as -deepColor isn't valid either.

[&:]

MarcA -> RE: Fonts and resolution mod? (12/15/2006 10:21:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KahunaPete

good stuff thanks!

but when I try to add the -altFont switch in the target line of the shortcut, XP says the path is invalid and won't let me add it.

"F:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\War in the Pacific.exe -altFont"

The other switches such as -deepColor isn't valid either.

[&:]

I've had this problem. I put my -altfont and -deepcolor switches outside the quotes, as below.

"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\War in the Pacific\War in the Pacific.exe" -altFont -deepColor

I find this works for me

wworld7 -> RE: Fonts and resolution mod? (12/15/2006 11:03:06 PM)

The same with me.

Flipper

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI