Tcp/ip game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

Scipio666 -> Tcp/ip game (12/16/2006 8:11:22 AM)

Having problems connecting to a tcp/ip game with my friend. After he enters his ip address then hosts I then try to join by entering his ip address however the join button never becomes an option for me to join. He has a cable modem and I have dsl. We both have our xp firewalls off. Any help would be much appreciated.

Concord Dan -> RE: Tcp/ip game (12/16/2006 4:35:32 PM)

The Host does not need to enter his IP address. The host should just hit OK on the IP entry window then select Host.

The client should enter the IP address of the host and then select the Hosts computer name in the window above the join button. After selecting the Hosts name, he should then select join.

This is how I have been connecting.

Scipio666 -> RE: Tcp/ip game (12/16/2006 5:36:49 PM)

Thanks for the reply Dan. Ok now after we follow your dirrections we get a little farther. However where a game name is supposed to be I just get a blank rectangular bar that highlights. It looks like there should be a game name there but we just arent seeing it. Although it still doesnt allow me to hit join.

ericbabe -> RE: Tcp/ip game (12/17/2006 9:10:54 PM)

Are either of you using a router?

Scipio666 -> RE: Tcp/ip game (12/18/2006 6:33:59 AM)

Ericbabe,

No, niether of us have a router. We have encountered this problem with one other game space empires IV. However with civ or dominions we are fine to play together. I have a zyxel Sprint 645 series dsl modem with Earthlink as my ISP. I am not sure what kind of setup my friend has. We were never able to rectify our problem with Space Empires IV. Not sure what the problem is but it effects cable and dsl trying to connect because cable to cable works. Well if you can think of anything that might help us it would be great.

ericbabe -> RE: Tcp/ip game (12/18/2006 3:08:42 PM)

Are you both using the same version of DirectX?

Have you tried hosting and having your friend connect?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Tcp/ip game (12/18/2006 3:12:55 PM)

Scipio,

Are you the one on DSL trying to connect with Earl?

Regards,

- Erik

Scipio666 -> RE: Tcp/ip game (12/18/2006 6:28:27 PM)

Hello Erik's,

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I am the person rying to connect with Earl. Also yes we both have Direct X 9.0c. We both went to start run and did dxdiag and encountered no errors. I have tried hosting and he cant connect to me either. He doesnt even see the blank highlighted selection bar in the multiplayer screen that I can see when he hosts.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI