Battlestations Midway and Pacific Storm - anyone getting? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War

Scotj -> Battlestations Midway and Pacific Storm - anyone getting? (12/16/2006 5:35:10 PM)

Well Pacific Storm (http://pacificstorm.cdvus.com/index.php) was a disappointment (very buggy), but Battlestations: Midway (http://www.battlestations.net/) looks promising...

Any other suggestions for games to look at while we're waiting for Carriers at War?

NascarFan -> RE: Battlestations Midway and Pacific Storm - anyone getting? (5/28/2007 8:06:06 PM)

I have both. Midway is simplistic. Pacific Storm STILL has too many bugs.
Pacific storm has potential, but the latest patch causes crashes to desktop. Subs are useless in earlier patches, as they run out of air in around 10 minutes of game time.

They blame the latest patch problems on the copy protection.

sterckxe -> RE: Battlestations Midway and Pacific Storm - anyone getting? (5/29/2007 1:06:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NascarFan

Got an URL for that ?

TIA

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

RayWolfe -> RE: Battlestations Midway and Pacific Storm - anyone getting? (5/29/2007 11:09:51 AM)

Not trying to stir up trouble, are you Eddy? [:'(] [:D]
Ray

sterckxe -> RE: Battlestations Midway and Pacific Storm - anyone getting? (5/29/2007 12:59:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RayWolfe
Not trying to stir up trouble, are you Eddy? [:'(] [:D]

Always [:D]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Joe D. -> RE: Battlestations Midway and Pacific Storm - anyone getting? (5/29/2007 6:42:17 PM)

quote:

I have both. Midway is simplistic. Pacific Storm STILL has too many bugs.
Pacific storm has potential, but the latest patch causes crashes to desktop. Subs are useless in earlier patches, as they run out of air in around 10 minutes of game time.

Doesn't Midway require a 64-bit system? Pacific Storm was criticized for being too ambitious and not doing any one thing well.

Zepp -> RE: Battlestations Midway and Pacific Storm - anyone getting? (5/30/2007 4:34:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scotj

Any other suggestions for games to look at while we're waiting for Carriers at War?

I was having a tough time waiting for CAW until I discovered HTTR. (Yeah, it took me 3 years, but better late than never.) After this masterpiece it's going to be tough to play hex based wargames again.

Now I'm waiting for CAW and BftB - if they're released in the same timeframe I don't know when I'll ever find time to sleep!

NascarFan -> RE: Battlestations Midway and Pacific Storm - anyone getting? (5/31/2007 4:51:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sterckxe

quote:

Got an URL for that ?

TIA

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Simple to find:
http://www.pacificstorm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2416

elcidce -> RE: Battlestations Midway and Pacific Storm - anyone getting? (5/31/2007 3:12:55 PM)

Dont forget to get a copy of Conquest of the Aegean. How can you pass up Paratroopers in Crete?

elcidce -> RE: Battlestations Midway and Pacific Storm - anyone getting? (5/31/2007 3:12:56 PM)

duplicate

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI