Program (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

kbad -> Program (12/17/2006 9:05:37 AM)

When I tried to start WITP I got a "This program has been damaged possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please Reinstall.) I have reinstalled twice and keep getting the same message. I first uninstalled the program before loading again. Any suggestions from the more computer savy. This is occurring on my desk top, which had been running the game without trouble. My lap top has been running the same PBEM game without problem. Thanks in advance

michaelm75au -> RE: Program (12/17/2006 2:33:01 PM)

I would suggest uninstalling game and running a full virus scan first.

kbad -> RE: Program (12/17/2006 7:51:15 PM)

Thanks for the reply. Ran virus check and reinstalled program from disk same result. As of now it seems witp is the only program affected. Thanks for the help.

kbad -> RE: Program (12/17/2006 8:30:09 PM)

Update. When I try to start from the short cut or game menu I get the error message. However if I start from quick start the game seems to run fine. The rest of the program, instructions pdf, editors etc seem to be working. Wish I found this out before deleting all the updates, maps ,artwork, saved games etc. I love computers, I hate computers. Now why will it not run from the desk top or game menu?[&:]

Big B -> RE: Program (12/17/2006 10:58:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kbad

Update. When I try to start from the short cut or game menu I get the error message. However if I start from quick start the game seems to run fine. The rest of the program, instructions pdf, editors etc seem to be working. Wish I found this out before deleting all the updates, maps ,artwork, saved games etc. I love computers, I hate computers. Now why will it not run from the desk top or game menu?[&:]

Ahem, That was Chenaults' retribution for your nasty air raid on Chunking (I warned you)[:D]

Seriously though, your game is playing ok otherwise? (I hope)

Brian

kbad -> RE: Program (12/17/2006 11:39:08 PM)

Lap top still going strong. Send me a turn.[:D]

Big B -> RE: Program (12/17/2006 11:44:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kbad

Lap top still going strong. Send me a turn.[:D]

Well two Theatres have been ready for quite a while - waiting on the usual (should be here soon)!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI