can't move Chinese units in scen 15 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

KahunaPete -> can't move Chinese units in scen 15 (12/18/2006 12:09:06 PM)

I'm playing the scenario 15 grand campaign been trying to move Chinese division units from Tsuyung to Lashio using Andrew's latest mod map and mod scenario 15 using v1.8.0.4 patch but unable to move any of the 6 divisions that are assigned to SE Asia command.

At first I thought maybe its the weather or terrain but it's been two weeks of game time and they are still stuck in Tsuyung.

Am I supposed to move an HQ to Lashio first or move the HQ in Yunming first?

Or do I need to wait til 1942?

Right now it's December 26, 1941 and have been trying to move the Chinese units since Dec 8th.

What am I doing wrong?

I set the controls to Human and finally gave up and returned control the Computer side. The units orders do say that they are to move to Lashio.

Really confused [&:]

wdolson -> RE: can't move Chinese units in scen 15 (12/18/2006 12:56:16 PM)

Some of the hexes on the Asian mainland can take forever to cross. What does the movement progress say for the unit? Is the progress saying that the unit is moving?

KahunaPete -> RE: can't move Chinese units in scen 15 (12/18/2006 8:46:01 PM)

My units say they have moved only 29 miles. which is about 2 miles per day. Does that seem right for China road movement?
Since I gave them orders to move into Burma since Dec 8th, that seems a bit tad slow even for China roads.

hrmmmm

Terminus -> RE: can't move Chinese units in scen 15 (12/18/2006 8:51:19 PM)

They take FOREVER to move that seemingly short distance. Remember, those aren't exactly roads they're travelling, and they have to walk the whole way.

KahunaPete -> RE: can't move Chinese units in scen 15 (12/18/2006 9:54:03 PM)

ok I'll keep waiting.

What's odd though is that I do see a couple of Chinese Corps units moving a hex each turn on mainland China after I had the computer take over.

pauk -> RE: can't move Chinese units in scen 15 (12/18/2006 10:39:22 PM)

through railroad hex?

saj42 -> RE: can't move Chinese units in scen 15 (12/19/2006 12:41:32 AM)

As T says it takes ages - 3 weeks to cross one hex on those yellow tracks thru jungle is good going IMO. moving anywhere in SE Asia and China NOT on a road(grey)/railroad(black) WILL take forever. Giving it to the Computer is not a good move!!!!

KahunaPete -> RE: can't move Chinese units in scen 15 (12/19/2006 1:14:42 AM)

LOL ok I will take control back from the computer on the CHina front.

yes the Chinese Corp units were moving along the main road/rail. My division units are trying to move along the trail/secondary roads into Burma from Yunming.

Thanks all...I'm glad I wasn't doing anything wrong.

Sardaukar -> RE: can't move Chinese units in scen 15 (12/19/2006 4:14:33 PM)

2 miles / day from Tsuyung to Lashio in ABs map with units low on supply via path (not road) sounds about right to me.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI