Free Container and Mansion Mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Mods and Scenarios

MkXIV -> Free Container and Mansion Mod (12/19/2006 7:42:27 PM)

I am working on a MOD for myself that has the cost of some items changed, most notibly containers. I don't really like the fact that I have to pay to get a Division, plus the cost seems extreme to boot. As such I have changed the delay and cost of Divisions, Corps, and Armies to 0 Money and 1 turn Delay (not sure if setting delay to 0 would be a problem) You still need to pay for the troops (or pull them out of garrisons), you still need to arm them, but you can organize them cheaper and quicker.

I am also toying with the idea of making Mansions free as well, I don't really like having to pay just for the right to spend more money on 4 more buildings.

Furthermore I may tweak some gun costs, as least for lower level guns to represent the ability to reissue weapons from one unit to another.
Anyone else be interested in this? Also if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

MkXIV -> RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod (12/19/2006 7:59:09 PM)

How does eveyone feel about changing the effectivness of Improvised Weapons down to like 50? I think that would force to rearm them before you could really use these units, right now I think they are too close in effectivitness to some of the better weapons.

marecone -> RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod (12/22/2006 12:13:34 AM)

Seams like a good idea to me

jack616 -> RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod (1/6/2007 6:33:51 PM)

any progress on this mod? i'm quickly growing to hate the concept of mansions...

jchastain -> RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod (1/6/2007 7:53:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jack616

any progress on this mod? i'm quickly growing to hate the concept of mansions...

These types of changes are VERY easy to make in this game. You can use excel to edit most of the data files.

I went ahead and made the change for you. Just put the attached file in your C:/Matrix Games/Forge of Freedom/Data directory and it will make mansions cost nothing. Just be sure to right click and save rather than left click to view the file.

Twotribes -> RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod (1/7/2007 2:35:13 AM)

I lowered the cost of the containers but didnt eliminate the cost. I see the cost as eing that for all the staff and tail required for such an entity. My problem wasnt with the money but rather the amount of precious horses required to form these containers.

I may lower the cost of Mansions that is something I hadnt considered.

jack616 -> RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod (1/12/2007 1:29:28 PM)

jchastain- thanks! 

Paper Tiger -> RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod (1/12/2007 3:26:35 PM)

To me the horses would be reasonable, they need to send messages up and down the line, all the staff officers will need transport along with ancillary staff and baggage. I think the existing cost is over the top though. I would tend to keep the horses cost but cut down the money cost to $10 for a division and $20 for a Corps and $50 for an Army.
I think adding a manpower cost for camps would also be worth doing, and I would suggest that a link should be put in so that you would have to have 1 Hospital for every 2 Camps.

christof139 -> RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod (1/13/2007 5:28:24 AM)

I was just tinkering, but haven't used something like this yet. Chris

money labor iron horses buildTime USA CSA US_Ai CS_Ai

4 Plantation 10 40 5 45 10 0 1 0 100

31 Mansion 5 5 5 5 2 1 1 100 100

wolflars -> RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod (5/18/2007 2:48:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

I lowered the cost of the containers but didnt eliminate the cost. I see the cost as eing that for all the staff and tail required for such an entity. My problem wasnt with the money but rather the amount of precious horses required to form these containers.

I may lower the cost of Mansions that is something I hadnt considered.

I figured out how to change the cost of blds but how do you do it for units?

thanks

EDIT Disregard.

cesteman -> RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod (5/24/2007 4:43:46 PM)

Any update on this mod? I am intersted in giving it a try.

madgamer2 -> RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod (8/26/2007 8:24:42 PM)

Its a dirty job but I am not ,in general, in favor of changing things just because I don't like the cost of something. I remember a space game SSG where you could change things like cost of space ships and such. A friend discovered that the computer player would always buy the most costly of a series of items like four different space ship designs each one costing a little more. SO this friend changed the cost around so the cheep 0ne was the most costly and the computer bought the level 1 ships LOL.
My rule of thumb is "Just because I can change things doesn't mean I should", but to each his own.

Madgamer

Steely Glint -> RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod (1/7/2008 10:40:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jchastain

I went ahead and made the change for you. Just put the attached file in your C:/Matrix Games/Forge of Freedom/Data directory and it will make mansions cost nothing. Just be sure to right click and save rather than left click to view the file.

Thanks for that, I like the change.

gunny3013 -> RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod (3/24/2008 3:26:09 AM)

Sounds good...

gunny3013 -> RE: Free Container and Mansion Mod (10/26/2008 8:11:50 AM)

Problem!
I gave cities free mansions that needed them and suddenly I had no more units or population, so be warned but it was great while it lasted.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI