Pursuit Radius (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support

mikmykWS -> Pursuit Radius (12/20/2006 1:59:06 AM)

What is it and which missions use it?

Looks really neat guys can somebody give us a rundown on it?

mikmykWS -> RE: Pursuit Radius (12/20/2006 4:35:16 AM)

Okay how bout a link then[;)]

Anybody...going once...going twice...[:D]

jpkoester1 -> RE: Pursuit Radius (12/20/2006 9:23:45 AM)

Sorry, was sleeping while you were waiting for an answer.

In short the pursuit range is the range outside the patrol area that aircraft will investigate and prosecute contacts. The patrol area is defined by the Ref points of the mission (basically the area that shows up as an exclusion zone in ASW missions).

The pursuit range will expand the box which patrol missions use to decide what contacts are interesting. Previous behavior is to ignore contacts outside the bounding lat lon box of the patrol points. Setting this value will enlarge the box that many nm in all directions.

Exactly what type of mission is effected I am not sure as I wasn't involved with testing this.

Cheers,
JP

jkruny -> RE: Pursuit Radius (12/20/2006 12:33:03 PM)

Hey Mike,

Currently the only mission that will use the pursuit radius is the area ASW Patrol. The pursuit radius defines how far outside the indicated patrol box that the unit will roam to investigate a contact.

ComDev -> RE: Pursuit Radius (12/20/2006 4:18:28 PM)

That explains why it didn't work for my CAP stations... Can you add this last bit of info in the user documentation, please [;)]

mikmykWS -> RE: Pursuit Radius (12/21/2006 1:34:23 AM)

Thanks for the explanation guys[:)] Pretty cool stuff, thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI