RE: Historical League Forming (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

jandb1215 -> RE: Historical League Forming (12/28/2006 9:32:55 PM)

thx much

jeremy7227 -> RE: Historical League Forming (12/28/2006 11:19:49 PM)

The Senators are ready to go. Looking forward to this! What's a good IM chat medium for you other managers? We ought to have an off-board comm method. Y, AIM, MSN all work for me.

legendsport2k -> RE: Historical League Forming (12/28/2006 11:41:58 PM)

If everyone can PM (or email me at commish@legendsport.com) their contact info, I can create a contact list and host it on my site behind the subscription wall, so it'll be safe from spammers - only league members will be able to access it. You'd all have to join the site, but I send no spam, and it'll also allow you to post news articles on your team, allow you access to a league forum for posting trade bait and so on, etc.

http://www.legendsport.com is the site if you want to sign up.

Once you sign up, please PM me or email me to let me know who you are (in case your user name on my site isn't the same as the one here).

legendsport2k -> RE: Historical League Forming (12/29/2006 10:18:08 PM)

The league file is ready. I've finished adding the real players needed (recent retirees and Negro Leaguers) to avoid having any fictional players at all.

I will send the link for the league file to those who have either signed up on the league site at legendsport.com or have either PM'd or emailed me their contact info.

Here's a list of the Negro League greats who are in the league (for the guys who played in the majors later, their Negro League stats were used for their "early" entry):

Newt Allen
Cool Papa Bell
Chet Brewer
Willard Brown
Ray Brown
Bill Byrd
Roy Campanella
Ray Dandridge
Leon Day
Josh Gibson
Sammy T. Hughes
Monte Irvin
Buck Leonard
Buck O'Neil
Satchel Paige
Hilton Smith
Willie Wells

The 1942 season will see Larry Doby join the league as a true rookie, and also will include a few other rooks from the Negro League ranks. Every one of the above players is either in the Hall of Fame or was a candidate in the recent special election.

It is extremely cool to see their "real life" stats in Puresim. All the stats are based on actual Negro League statistics as put together during the research for the special HOF election. I adjusted them to MLB-length seasons and tweaked them based on the differential between Negro League totals vs. same-season MLB totals. For example, say the Negro Leagues hit .254 in Season X while the MLB average for that season was .260 - the Negro Leaguers would have their averages adjusted upward and Negro League pitchers would see their hits allowed increase.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm psyched about this league getting off the ground.

If you haven't gotten your contact info to me, please do so asap.

Thanks,
Joe

legendsport2k -> RE: Historical League Forming (12/29/2006 10:46:06 PM)

Just waiting on contact info from the following four GMs (you can either email it to me at commish@legendsport.com, PM me here, or sign up on legendsport.com - your email address will be hidden from anyone not in the league, you have my word):

dneely
Fouts
Edward
Big Papa Gil

Dirtdog20 -> RE: Historical League Forming (12/29/2006 10:48:20 PM)

Outstanding work.  Maybe we can get Buck O'Neil into the HOF before he dies this time. 

[:@] at the nattering naybobs who kept him out.

Fouts -> RE: Historical League Forming (12/29/2006 11:29:04 PM)

I signed up on the website.  Looking forward to getting started.

Edward -> RE: Historical League Forming (12/30/2006 12:39:21 AM)

I signed up at the web site. The upper management of the Pirates are ready to win now.

Here is a photo of Josh Gibson at Forbes Field at one of our pre draft try outs.

[image]local://upfiles/18148/A8DAFE7D703443D0884B349A17EE4844.gif[/image]

dneely -> RE: Historical League Forming (12/30/2006 2:29:02 AM)

Joe:

I sent you my info via a PM and I signed up on the web site. As I said before the Dodgers are ready to go.

legendsport2k -> RE: Historical League Forming (12/30/2006 3:49:24 AM)

Just waiting on Big Papa Gil now...

And 5 teams have gotten their draft profiles submitted.

Marsh511 -> RE: Historical League Forming (12/31/2006 12:08:29 AM)

I'm waiting on the doorstep, hoping for a charter franchise! Joe, thanks for your offline email. Will wait to hear back from you! It's about time someone stepped up and put together a historical league, and it'll be great having SS on board, too.
Cheers,
Marshall

Marsh511 -> RE: Historical League Forming (12/31/2006 11:52:24 AM)

Can someone pls. give me the link to the league .PSA file...and the drafting profile form? Joe accepted me into this league tonight, but doesn't seem to be around. I'd like to start researching and get my draft profile completed soon. I can't wait for this league to start - been waiting literally *years* for a historical Puresim league!

Cheers and thanks,
Marshall (Phillies)

legendsport2k -> RE: Historical League Forming (1/7/2007 3:44:21 AM)

The inaugural season of the GGB Redux league is underway. I've uploaded some webpages for those who might want to follow the league as we re-make history.

http://legendsport.com/baseball/greatest_generation_redux

Fouts -> RE: Historical League Forming (1/7/2007 4:56:25 AM)

Predictable start for the Tribe after our horrid draft.  I wish the AI would have used my backup Catcher behind the plate after my starting Catcher went down.

I like how the interface works for multiplayer, but I think the game has it out for the Indians.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI