freeze while exiting (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

General Quarters -> freeze while exiting (12/24/2006 8:19:37 PM)

I don't see other posts on this, so maybe it is something I am doing wrong, but fairly often (e.g., one times out of ten) the screen freezes when I am trying to exit and I have to shut down my computer. It seems to go the screen where you are loading the game, but it just freezes there. Since I have always saved the game, and have nothing else open, it is not a big problem, just a nuisance. But I thought I should probably report it. I have the patch installed, by the way.

Joram -> RE: freeze while exiting (12/24/2006 9:24:10 PM)

I've seen this once or twice but twice more I've actually had it go to the BSOD. I figured it may have something to do with my dual monitor setup so I never mentioned it but maybe there's really a bug?

hmssws -> RE: freeze while exiting (12/24/2006 10:21:48 PM)

I've had this problem also....Hank

ericbabe -> RE: freeze while exiting (12/24/2006 10:23:19 PM)

I have dual monitors, so I don't think it would be related to that.  How much memory do you have?  I have noticed that on one of our machines on which FOF runs with a lot of virtual memory that it can take >1 minute to shut down while things are being shuffled around in virtual memory.

General Quarters -> RE: freeze while exiting (12/24/2006 11:20:38 PM)

I think I have lots of memory. I'll try giving it more time.

Joram -> RE: freeze while exiting (12/25/2006 6:57:04 PM)

I have a 1GB of RAM.  Though my sysmon usually shows me starting out around 750-800MBs due to other things being open.  I was thinking of buying myself a Christmas present and upgrading to 2GBs.  I also have 5GB's empty on my HD as well.  I usually have a TV connection and the internet going on my second monitor so I'm sure that ties up a little bit of resources.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI