BIG GAME BUG??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

zimmer -> BIG GAME BUG??? (12/26/2006 7:35:53 PM)

I fought the first battle up in Middleburg, Upper Mississippi Valley......I was playing Confederate and had Union units in the next hex and was not able to shoot at them from any direction, nor they me. At the same time the crossed swords cursor did not appear. 6 hexes north of the town there was one heck of a battle raging w/o my participation between 3 union units shooting each other...??? but it sounded like more than that but could only see 3. There were 2 other little towns just E of Middleburg where my line extended, but all seemed ok there.

Question: Is there a way to keep units from going Out-of-Command??? Especially charging out in the open during the heat of battle......sure doesn't seem right for that to happen.

Hope this Helps.

zimm out

ericbabe -> RE: BIG GAME BUG??? (12/27/2006 4:13:22 PM)

Were the union units really shooting each other?  I don't believe this has been reported before; is it possible they were shooting at one of your garrisoned units or similar?  Do you have the save game files for this?

We did have a bug during beta testing wherein some of the terrain in the data files had wrong values that prevented units in what appears to be open terrain to be in terrain into which other units could not shoot, but I had thought we'd found and fixed all those; what you're describing sounds similar to that problem though.  Save files would help with that as well.

You can turn off the out-of-command game option.

zimmer -> RE: BIG GAME BUG??? (12/28/2006 6:34:14 AM)

I sent a reply from my email.....did u get it??

zimmout

ericbabe -> RE: BIG GAME BUG??? (12/28/2006 6:39:00 PM)

I don't have any e-mails from anyone called "zimmer" -- would it be under another name?

zimmer -> RE: BIG GAME BUG??? (12/29/2006 11:35:52 PM)

1. I replied to your post from messages received at my Hotmail acct, guess u didn't get it steviegb@msn.com

2.I didn't have the save game files, unfortunately I deleted them before going to bed. Sorry. The Union units were 6 hexes above the topmost houses in Middleburg. I first became aware of something up there when I saw a message a Union unit was routed....??? Nothing routed in "my" battle at that time. "If" they were shooting at Confederate troops, there were none visible. At times the screen would jump to the left of the visible union units indicating activity up there.....??? man I don't know. If it happens again I will get instructions from you on how to send you the files. Wish this could have been more helpful.

zimm out

P.S. I had to start a new game to get the "out of command" option to work.

GL

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI