Does this game work on an Apple? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

newcastle -> Does this game work on an Apple? (12/27/2006 2:26:07 AM)

My father-in-law is a huge civil war buff and probably has a collection of cw antiques worth in the tens of thousands of dollars.

The problem is, he only uses an Apple. Will this game work on an Apple?

Gil R. -> RE: Does this game work on an Apple? (12/27/2006 7:06:10 AM)

No, just p.c.

Tell him to sell some of the memorabilia and buy an IBM!

Feltan -> RE: Does this game work on an Apple? (12/27/2006 9:34:13 AM)

Unfortunately, IBM no longer makes PC's. They sold that off to a company called Levano -- some Chinese outfit.

With regard to the Apple owner. You could always give him the CD of the game, and he could use the jewel case as a coffee cup coaster as he tells you how superior Apples/Macs are to PC's. [:)]

Regards,
Feltan

Marc von Martial -> RE: Does this game work on an Apple? (12/27/2006 2:30:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: newcastle

My father-in-law is a huge civil war buff and probably has a collection of cw antiques worth in the tens of thousands of dollars.

The problem is, he only uses an Apple. Will this game work on an Apple?

Does he have an Intel Mac yet?

soeren01 -> RE: Does this game work on an Apple? (12/27/2006 4:17:44 PM)

I get an Intel Mac next week and give it a try.[sm=00000028.gif]

newcastle -> RE: Does this game work on an Apple? (12/27/2006 7:18:23 PM)

Intel Mac, I am not sure - I will see him later today and ask. He is always telling me that there is nothing that his computer can't do. It was a top of the line machine when he go it about 18 months ago - he told me it was the fastest thing going at the time.

So, i will ask.

Marc von Martial -> RE: Does this game work on an Apple? (12/27/2006 8:06:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: newcastle

Intel Mac, I am not sure - I will see him later today and ask. He is always telling me that there is nothing that his computer can't do. It was a top of the line machine when he go it about 18 months ago - he told me it was the fastest thing going at the time.

So, i will ask.

If he got it 18 month ago then is is not an Intel Mac for sure. Probably a G5.

He could try running it via "Parallels" or "Virtual PC" but we can not guarantee it will work flawless.

Queeg -> RE: Does this game work on an Apple? (12/28/2006 7:29:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: soeren01

I've been playing FOF on a MacBook Pro via Boot Camp. Runs perfectly.

Marc von Martial -> RE: Does this game work on an Apple? (12/28/2006 2:58:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Queeg

quote:

ORIGINAL: soeren01

I've been playing FOF on a MacBook Pro via Boot Camp. Runs perfectly.

Yes, that is the fact with every of our titles. As long as your IntelMac can handle the game hardware wise you can run it under Apple's Bootcamp". I do this myself on my MacBook [;)]

soeren01 -> RE: Does this game work on an Apple? (1/4/2007 1:17:08 PM)

I just tested it on one of the new intel macs 2.33GHZ core duo, 2GB RAM, MacOSX 10.4.8 using the parallels desktop Windows emulator and it did run without any problems. Only played one turn (had half of the company looking over my shoulder). Even the speed was similar to my windows at home.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI