SOP Doctrine changes don't save! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support

LarryP -> SOP Doctrine changes don't save! (12/28/2006 5:48:08 PM)

I changed the SOP Unit Doctrine rules for the two distances on all my units and played a couple of turns. I save the game, come back the next day, start the game with the saved game and the Unit Doctrines are back at their default settings! I don't think it is supposed to be that way as I would have to change every unit (AGAIN) with each reloaded game. What's the story here?!

LarryP.

z1812 -> RE: SOP Doctrine changes don't save! (12/28/2006 10:00:48 PM)

Hi Larry,

I have had PBEM's going for quite a while now and have not seen a problem with SOP being remembered. Mind you that is in PBEM not solo games. Perhaps save is different in each.

I assume you used global settings to change SOP and it is version 1.11?

Regards John

LarryP -> RE: SOP Doctrine changes don't save! (12/29/2006 1:23:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: z1812
Hi Larry,

I have had PBEM's going for quite a while now and have not seen a problem with SOP being remembered. Mind you that is in PBEM not solo games. Perhaps save is different in each.

I assume you used global settings to change SOP and it is version 1.11?

Regards John

No PBEM here, yet.

No, I used the settings per each unit in the lower bottom right. Actually I never have used the global setting for SOP. Think that would make the difference?

Yes I have version 1.11.

Thanks a ton for your reply. I thought I would have to wait until after the New Year for one! [:)]

LarryP.

CapnDarwin -> RE: SOP Doctrine changes don't save! (12/29/2006 3:31:58 AM)

Larry,

I'll check to see if that is an issue with the 1.12 build we have pending release tomorrow (too tired and sick to chase it tonight). Thanks for the heads-up. [:)]

LarryP -> RE: SOP Doctrine changes don't save! (12/29/2006 5:41:56 AM)

Good news on the patch! Take care of youself, bad time of year to be sick. However No time is good for that.

Thanks, Larry.

LarryP -> RE: SOP Doctrine changes don't save! (12/29/2006 8:36:26 PM)

Changing the SOP globally saves fine. Changing the SOP individually does not save well.

LarryP.

CapnDarwin -> RE: SOP Doctrine changes don't save! (12/29/2006 11:13:41 PM)

Larry,

I know that the Global changes are written of to a data file which would be updated and loaded when the game starts. Local changes during a scenario should (this is where we may have a bug) should save when the scenario saves, but it sounds like they are not or they are getting over written by the globals. If I don't keel over dead from this bug [sm=vomit-smiley-020.gif] I'll look more at this later and I'll let Rob know about it too. Thanks for the info. Saves me some time looking at it. [&o]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI