Harpoon 3 ANW (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support

bobw -> Harpoon 3 ANW (12/31/2006 8:45:06 AM)

Hello,

I recently purchased Harpoon 3 ANW. I've had no difficulties except for when I play Global Conflicts 1 / "To Protect the Queen." Several minutes after opening the game (while keeping it on pause while I assign various missions) I notice the 3 NATO subs (which I've previously been able to 'navigate' by means of assigning them course and speed) change in color from light blue (the regular hue) to a dark blue. Once they change color I can then no longer get them to respond. A message appears saying "You can't give orders to units you don't control," or words to that effect. I can still continue working with the other units. Thereafter if I click on "File" and "Save As" and then save the game, upon returning to it I'm confronted with a screen size photo of a carrier group. The photo is headed "Game Paused". At the bottom of the photo is a button labeled "Resume". I click on the "Resume" button but nothing happens. The game is entirely frozen up, though underneath the photo (at the margins) I can see that the game is still running. This has happened twice with this scenario. Thoughts? Thank you. P.S. This is a wonderful game.

Bob

Bucks -> RE: Harpoon 3 ANW (12/31/2006 9:05:26 AM)

Bob,

You're losing control of your subs for a very good reason. There are some settings that are adjusted in the H3Launcher.

Open the H3Launcher and select the "Game Preferences" tab. If you look at the screenie I've added below, you see the "Difficulty Settings" section. I have selected "Auto Datalinks". I'd say from your report you have Full Realism selected, which means that once a submarine submerges, it's effectively out of comms with your other units, hence you have lost control of your subs and the game engine is controlling them under the conditions of the mission you have set.

The screen you mentioned that pops up after you have saved and re-entered the scenario sounds like the "End of Scenario" dialogue discussing your attempt to meet the scenario's victory conditions. I can't guess why, but would be happy to take a look at your saved game and see what I can find out.

btw. I'm rebuilding/editing this scenario along with all of the ODB scens for use with the HUD3 database. I should have a "Beta" of the database ready in the next day or two and will have some of the smaller scenarios from the game's Battlesets rebuilt and or edited for use on the H3ANW server that Tony Eischens is so generously running 24/7. See this thread for details:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1280607

Hope this helps

Darren Buckley

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

Contributing Editor/Development Team
Harpoon3ANW 3.8

[image]local://upfiles/21733/BFBAB7EFA3684560A93A9717DA5C56F8.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI