Siege Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

jack616 -> Siege Question (1/3/2007 5:34:38 AM)

So I was playing with Wm Amos' 1861 mod, as the North, easy settings, because, well, frankly, I got the game via digital download and don't have the patience to print up the manual so I'm learning as I go...and anyway, I began a siege of Memphis with about 9k men. All died in 3 turns. A siege of Lynchburg seemed to be heading the same way.... Any ideas why my entire division decided to die the minute they begin a siege? Thanks!

Mike Scholl -> RE: Siege Question (1/3/2007 5:56:59 AM)

What kind of "siege" are you engaged in? The first turn is automatically "regular siege", but after that you have a choice of options. If you don't have strong Siege Artillery and Engineering assets you are probably best to choose "encirclement" and try to starve them out. You don't have the proper equipment to try much else. And it will keep your losses minimal. You should also probably put besieging troops on "max supply" to help keep the numbers up.

jack616 -> RE: Siege Question (1/3/2007 1:47:54 PM)

normal siege..... so i guess that, combined with a low priority for resupply would explain the outrageous losses?

Mike Scholl -> RE: Siege Question (1/3/2007 3:09:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jack616

normal siege..... so i guess that, combined with a low priority for resupply would explain the outrageous losses?

It will if your army isn't properly equipped and trained as a "siege train". If you have the big guns and engineering capability then you can shorten the time needed considerably. But if you don't have "the right stuff" your casualties will go through the roof.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Siege Question (1/3/2007 3:31:34 PM)

plus you also need some numbers, a 9000 man Seige is not many

Mike Scholl -> RE: Siege Question (1/3/2007 3:43:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

plus you also need some numbers, a 9000 man Seige is not many

RIGHT! Which is why it's important to keep your "Siege Train" at max supply whenever possible. Thanks for the clarification Sarge.

jack616 -> RE: Siege Question (1/3/2007 7:13:05 PM)

thanks for the help!  tried it this morning using your advice, no substantial losses.  i'm going to try and add some siege guns tonight.  may also try and read the manual a bit! :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI