Picking up Weapons (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

helop5 -> Picking up Weapons (1/4/2007 3:37:41 PM)

Am I missing something? I have played this game a great deal (and am thoroughly enjoying it), but I have yet to see a brigade pick up abandoned weapons. Is there some way of doing this? Can it also occur in Quick battles?

Berkut -> RE: Picking up Weapons (1/4/2007 4:33:31 PM)

Hmmm, happens all the time for me.

General Quarters -> RE: Picking up Weapons (1/4/2007 4:44:47 PM)

Maybe you're just not seeing it. They are buried in amongst the casualties in the battle report.

balto -> RE: Picking up Weapons (1/4/2007 5:37:51 PM)

I think it also says that if they are dropped, a brigade will not pick them up unless they are better weapons. That could be another contributor.

helop5 -> RE: Picking up Weapons (1/4/2007 5:38:56 PM)

In a detailed combat do you actually have to do something to pick them up or does it automatically happen after the battle?

General Quarters -> RE: Picking up Weapons (1/4/2007 7:21:44 PM)

Automatic. I gained a lot of guns playing against the Union, but none that I recall playing against the rebs.

Ironclad -> RE: Picking up Weapons (1/4/2007 8:04:14 PM)

Its worked for me when playing the Union. The less well armed CSA forces are bound to benefit more often especially with their battle winning opening morale advantage. Great fun when you capture some goodies! Curses when the reverse happens!

helop5 -> RE: Picking up Weapons (1/4/2007 8:12:48 PM)

Maybe I am just missing it in the reports...I will look again. Thank you.

Joram -> RE: Picking up Weapons (1/4/2007 9:23:17 PM)

In detailed combat, it will happen if you see the message "xxx Brigade panics".   Of course, your unit will only pick up the weapons (at the end of the battle) if they are better then the weapons they already have.  What I'm not exactly sure of is if the unit that caused the panic is the same unit that will pick up the weapons.  It seems logical but I haven't tested it to be sure.

Sonny -> RE: Picking up Weapons (1/4/2007 10:43:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: helop5

Maybe I am just missing it in the reports...I will look again. Thank you.

Move your cursor to just above the information screen(where the the things you click on are displayed). A whole line of tabs will appear - production, battle, chat, etc. Click the battle button and it gives some detail about each battle that turn including dropped and acquired weapons.

siRkid -> RE: Picking up Weapons (1/5/2007 7:07:29 PM)

I play the CSA all the time and I've never seen it. [:(]  I check all the reports and tabs every turn. Maybe its because I spend a lot of effort upgrading my weapons.

helop5 -> RE: Picking up Weapons (1/5/2007 7:14:04 PM)

Sonny,

Thanks...I will try that.

Sonny -> RE: Picking up Weapons (1/5/2007 7:36:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kid

I play the CSA all the time and I've never seen it. [:(] I check all the reports and tabs every turn. Maybe its because I spend a lot of effort upgrading my weapons.

Even if the victor doesn't pick them up I think they are reported as dropped by the loser.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI