Extremely large .rep file being created? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

Shoot Me_I Explode -> Extremely large .rep file being created? (1/6/2007 7:07:36 AM)

While playing a pbem game against Jonreb and Texas I have encountered a problem where my opponent is unable to load the files I send him. I fix this by retaking my turn but this last time I have noticed that the .rep file I zipped was 4mb which is several times the magnitude of a normal .rep file from other turns. If I can email the file to someone so they can open it up and find out why the game is making a file that can not be used it would be very helpful as I am eager to find out why this is happening.

The error is identical to the on in This thread (click)

Shoot Me_I Explode -> RE: Extremely large .rep file being created? (1/6/2007 8:16:20 AM)

Now this is really strange. No matter what I do for my turn when I hit the end turn button the game makes a 4mb+ .rep file which my opponent says he can not open. I've tired several times and even when I open the game, do nothing and hit the end turn button right away I still get stuck with this 4mb file.

[image]local://upfiles/23046/D47DEECC55724E0EB86CBF9D4B6083FE.jpg[/image]

Alan_Bernardo -> RE: Extremely large .rep file being created? (1/6/2007 3:49:41 PM)

Maybe you should try and have your opponent redo his turn, the last one he sent to you.  I know in my PBEM game I have saved all the previous turns, just in case something happens.  Entering turn 30 and then having something screwy happen would be a bummer.

Alanb

ericbabe -> RE: Extremely large .rep file being created? (1/6/2007 9:34:23 PM)

That is strange.  My guess is some sort of buffer overflow.  Do you  have the save file for the turn on which the .rep file was created?

You can try loading the game w/o the .rep file (just rename it or delete it or move it to another directory).  You won't have the reports to read, but it then may be able to load.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI