Looking for Allied CHS Game Opponent (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted

Riva Ridge -> Looking for Allied CHS Game Opponent (1/6/2007 10:27:53 PM)

All,

Okay, taking lessons learned from absolute raping on my last Japanese game (which I am continuing for the honor of the Empire, as well as to continue to learn lessons on how to handle the offensive to come), I am wanting to take on another Japanese game. Need Allied player. Committed, and willing to trade 3-7 turns a week with pace increasing towards the end of the work week and wekends (Mondays-Tuesdays are hard days for me and sometimes I am unable to get turns off on those days).

1. No bombing empty bases to artificially enhance pilot training.

2. All Chinese land and air units that are assigned to China Command HQ are only permitted to move, or base, within China, Japanese Occupied China or Manchukuo. Chinese land and air units can ONLY move to locations outside China if they are first transferred to another HQ.

3. Air units belonging to China Command are allowed to fly missions to hexes outside China.

4. All Australian nationality Brigade and Division LCUs are only allowed to move within Australia Proper, DEI, Solomon Islands, New Britain, New Guniea (For flexiability purposes, I could reason that Australia would see those as part of it's expanded defense perimeter). The exception is all Australian LCUs of this size that are designated as AIF units, e.g. 9th Division AIF; the two AIF Brigades that start in Malaya. This restriction is permanent, even if the units are reassigned to a HQ other than ANZAC Command, and still applies even if a Division or Brigade is split into smaller units.

5. There are no restrictions for Australian air units, other than the normal restrictions that apply to air units that are assigned to the ANZAC Command restricted HQ.

6. Canadian land and air units can only be deployed in North America, including Canada, the USA, Alaska and the Aleutian Islands. This restriction is permanent, even if the units are reassigned to a HQ other than Canada Command.

7. Japanese land and air units that are assigned to the Kwantung Area Army HQ can not leave Manchukuo. They may leave if they are transferred to another HQ.

8. If playing as the Japanese vs. the AI or a PBEM opponent, then if the player decides to attack the Soviet Union (including the base of Urumchi in Western China), they should ensure that the first, or equal first, hex they enter is hex 65,32 (this hex is easy to enter, using the railway from hex 64,31). This will ensure that Soviet Union entry is properly triggered.

9. No Naval Attack missions by 4 Engined Bombers (willing to negotiate minimum ceiling of 10,000 feet).

10. B29 only on level 6 or 7+ airfields, this should limit them to places that were big enough in real life.

11. Restriction of 3 AA units per Hex (to mitigate Allied Super AA concentrations in Nikmod)

12. Allied Bomber attacks against Infrastructure restricted to industrial sites owned by Japan prior to the war (prevent allied player from destroying key infrastruture that they would knock Japan out too early; Allies would not bomb friendly populations)

13. No Japanese Surface Movement past Singapore until it has fallen.

14. No more than x50 aircraft per airfield level (does not count aircraft transiting on through).

Settings: PDU On, Sub Doctrines On, Allied Damage Control On, Dec 7th Surprise, Historical Turn Off (I will limit myself to one Port Attack which will be Pearl Harbor and will land in roughly historical locations but I like to increase/decrease forces on certain landings. I am negotiable on this point).
Bottom Line: I will play in roughly historical fashion and expect the same. In other words, no going straight for Karachi on turn 1 or other sort of gaminess.

Roger Neilson II -> RE: Looking for Allied CHS Game Opponent (1/6/2007 10:43:02 PM)

I'd be interested, but there are some aspects to check.

1. Playing with extended map..... what is the situation re the shipping lanes?
2. I would expect to be able to use 4E in emergency against naval targets, but accept the 10K ceiling.
3. I do not agree with the restriction on bombing of strategic targets..... I find it entirely acceptable to blow the oilfield out of the ground if the Japanese player does not defend them...
4. I feel that the Aussies may well be allowed to be redeployed forwards as the war moves on - so a complete restriction is too great, but a restriction say till 1943 would make sense.

I have not played CHS by PBEM, but have had one AI game with it. I have however done several PBEMs, two of which have AARs. I would expect to do an AAR.

I am UK based, so tend to be able to do moves either early morning or evening. I can normally turn a move around the same day.

I don't like gaminess so I like the idea of playing broadly to the historical framework.

Complication is that I am away next week from Monday to Friday so could not do any moves during that time.

Contact me if interested.....

roger dot neilson at gmail dot com

Roger

Roger Neilson II -> RE: Looking for Allied CHS Game Opponent (1/7/2007 12:29:24 AM)

Ok, I'm awaiting the initial Japanese attack......

AAR to follow.

Paradise in flames

Roger

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI