Spurious H3.7.3 unsupported color depth message (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support

alcazar -> Spurious H3.7.3 unsupported color depth message (1/7/2007 10:40:05 PM)

Bit of a strange one. I didn't spot this one straight away as I generally potter around in the scenario editor. Harpoon3, Harpoon3client, and Harpoon3server are all complaining "Unable to initialize 640x480 windowed display mode, Harpoon3 requires at least 640x480 resolution to run". But Harpoon3scenarioeditor runs windowed fine! All will run in full-screen mode but my second display seems to go into a reduced palette. Checked the properties of the exes. On the compatibility tab, the scenario editor was the only one that had 'disable visual themes' box checked - changed the others to this setting and now it all works fine!

Whew!

rsharp@advancedgamin -> RE: Spurious H3.7.3 unsupported color depth message (1/7/2007 11:15:33 PM)

Howdy Alcazar,

Good find! I'll look into setting the compatiblity options for all executables and how it might affect other OSes. I'm assuming you are using XP. At the least this will go into a FAQ if not the installation script.

Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems

alcazar -> RE: Spurious H3.7.3 unsupported color depth message (1/7/2007 11:53:11 PM)

Hi Russell,

I'm using XP. I Also use Stardock's Object Desktop which uses some fancy visual themes, so I guess it's not too surprising.

I've got to say I like the height & width scroll bars on the H3 launcher - I'm running H3 in a 1268 x 960 window on a 1280 x 1024 desktop. That's one up for ANW! [8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI