Engineers x Engineer Squad ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Arkady -> Engineers x Engineer Squad ? (1/9/2007 5:49:14 PM)

Engineers in units are only for building airfield, ports and fortification

Engineer Squad in units are for attack = combat engineers

right ?

kkoovvoo -> RE: Engineers x Engineer Squad ? (1/9/2007 5:52:02 PM)

yes

jwilkerson -> RE: Engineers x Engineer Squad ? (1/9/2007 7:01:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arkady

Engineers in units are only for building airfield, ports and fortification

Engineer Squad in units are for attack = combat engineers

right ?

Yes, but combat engineers will build too provided there are some non-combat engineers in the same hex.

Arkady -> RE: Engineers x Engineer Squad ? (1/9/2007 9:56:48 PM)

ok, thx
I explaining land combat to new player  and I want to be clear in this topic

wdolson -> RE: Engineers x Engineer Squad ? (1/10/2007 4:29:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson
Yes, but combat engineers will build too provided there are some non-combat engineers in the same hex.

Do some other conditions need to be met for this to happen? I learned about the difference when I put a combat engineer unit on a base and nothing happened for a month. I then put a small unit with some construction engineers on the base and it started to build, but very slowly. The base had plenty of supply. It didn't look like the combat engineers were doing anything.

Bill

tsimmonds -> RE: Engineers x Engineer Squad ? (1/10/2007 5:23:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

Do some other conditions need to be met for this to happen? I learned about the difference when I put a combat engineer unit on a base and nothing happened for a month. I then put a small unit with some construction engineers on the base and it started to build, but very slowly. The base had plenty of supply. It didn't look like the combat engineers were doing anything.

Bill

Did you check the leader? Sounds like Colonel Saito is in command [;)]

wdolson -> RE: Engineers x Engineer Squad ? (1/10/2007 5:35:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: irrelevant
Did you check the leader? Sounds like Colonel Saito is in command [;)]

I suppose if a Japanese colonel was in charge, that would explain it. He wouldn't be terribly motivated to build an American airstrip, though I would think that the other engineers would get a little suspicious. The samuri sword and his penchant for beheading anyone who works too fast might give him away.

Bill

Kapten Q -> RE: Engineers x Engineer Squad ? (1/10/2007 9:39:50 AM)

I never seen a combat engineer squad ad anything to base developement. With or without regular engineers in the same hex.

Q

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI