A couple of things from a League game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum

Brockleigh -> A couple of things from a League game (1/10/2007 5:39:24 AM)

Hey folks...

I just quit a League game in Arcade mode, standard Canadian Ruleset and Field, to post a couple bugs I just saw in 139.

- I blitzed the MLB at the CPU team on first down and got to the QB just as he was starting the throwing animation. The ball came loose, and the "Fumble!" text came on screen, but a fraction of a second later, the game went to the playcalling screen as though the play was dead. Moreover, the game had the down and distance at 1st and 10 again, as though the previous play never happened.

- So I score a Touchdown on the CPU to go up 19-8, and decide to go for two. So I line up and hit my Slotback on a quick slant in the end zone, but instead of "Convert Good!" the text on screen is "Touchdown!" and I'm presented the option of going for 1 or 2. Sure enough when I look at the scoreboard on the playcalling screen, it shows me as having 25 points. I've heard of a 2 point convert... but a six point convert?

brb321 -> RE: A couple of things from a League game (1/10/2007 5:49:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brockleigh

- So I score a Touchdown on the CPU to go up 19-8, and decide to go for two. So I line up and hit my Slotback on a quick slant in the end zone, but instead of "Convert Good!" the text on screen is "Touchdown!" and I'm presented the option of going for 1 or 2. Sure enough when I look at the scoreboard on the playcalling screen, it shows me as having 25 points. I've heard of a 2 point convert... but a six point convert?

This happened to me. I was playing arcade in 139, and winning with 4 secs left. My opposition scores a TD, then goes for 2 points. they get the convert, but they are given 6 points. They atempt another 2 point convert, get it, get another 6 points. I finally stopped then on the third try, and still won the game...

RVD -> RE: A couple of things from a League game (1/10/2007 8:22:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brockleigh

Hey folks...

I just quit a League game in Arcade mode, standard Canadian Ruleset and Field, to post a couple bugs I just saw in 139.

- I blitzed the MLB at the CPU team on first down and got to the QB just as he was starting the throwing animation. The ball came loose, and the "Fumble!" text came on screen, but a fraction of a second later, the game went to the playcalling screen as though the play was dead. Moreover, the game had the down and distance at 1st and 10 again, as though the previous play never happened.

I was just going to report this also. I was also playing in Arcade mode, but with the standard American Ruleset and Field and this happened to me about 8 times in the same game. Along with that bug it seems the opposing QB's fumble a little too much i think.

RVD

DONMVP -> RE: A couple of things from a League game (1/19/2007 2:32:23 AM)

Just had the same thing happen where going for 2 after td , the comp , gave 6 points ,then went for 2 , was given 6 points again . did it again then went for 2 and was awarded 2 points . This happened in 4th quarter with 3 mins to go . It was a quick play game cpu vs cpu , using the patch came out jan 4th . Team that scored those points were trailing 24 to 9 . They caught up , went ahead and won game 34 to 24 .

marcntx -> RE: A couple of things from a League game (1/19/2007 4:28:25 AM)

Also, if you kick off in a Canadian game in 139, and the kick returner misses the ball, the ball rebounds off the back of the endzone, bounces all the way up field and out of the stadium.  I had to end the game since the ball kept bouncing. 

DONMVP -> RE: A couple of things from a League game (1/19/2007 4:33:59 AM)

WOW , thats an interesting bug , not sure i want to start this league i`ve been putting together for a while

Marauders -> RE: A couple of things from a League game (1/19/2007 6:05:23 AM)

DONMVP,

You may do well to start a test league and take it through a season.  Then if deep season bugs come up, they can be addressed.  A few of the beta guys are doing that, but one never knows what can come up.

DONMVP -> RE: A couple of things from a League game (1/19/2007 6:14:31 AM)

OK I`ll try that using the stock teams . Just won`t put ad in`s , like uniforms and graphics for stadiums and such .Let cpu play the games sim a few see what developes . Guess i can wait a week before i play the league i`m working on can still tinker a bit with it . Rosters and stadiums and such .

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI