use of ammo dumps/ammo trucks etc.? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Kenny Goodman -> use of ammo dumps/ammo trucks etc.? (8/9/2000 6:39:00 PM)

Do ammo trucks have to be in the same hex to re-supply units? Will off-board rocket launchers reload for the scenario? Is this dependent on anything? What is the purpose of an ammo dump? I need to know how to re-supply some of my units when they get low on ammo and my ammo trucks dont seem to be doing the trick. Also, how in the heck can I get some counter-battery fire out of my off board gun tubes?!?!?!? I'm getting plastered in defend scenarios and my artillery wont go after his guns. any suggestions?

Nikademus -> (8/9/2000 8:50:00 PM)

the unit being resupplied needs only to be in hex next to the ammo truck to be resupplied. Only problem i've found is that for a tank which has exhausted its AP supply...the ammo truck first gives it HE ammo!!!!! > [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

BA Evans -> (8/9/2000 9:01:00 PM)

1. Just being in the hex adjacent to an ammo truck will get you ammo. 2. Off-board rocket launchers are a one shot weapon. 3. Ammo dumps supply ammo faster than ammo trucks. Otherwise, no difference. 4. Both the ammo truck and the tank have to be stationary for a full turn before ammo will be passed back and forth. Kinda hard to give ammo to a moving tank. 5. You won't get any cbf if you are shooting your artillery. Your artillery must be waiting and watching for the enemy artillery fire. Much of cbf depends on which countries are fighting and at what time during the war you are at. You might also see the cbf discussion from earlier this week. BA Evans

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI