Motion pictures in game? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Chaylaton -> Motion pictures in game? (1/14/2007 6:29:40 AM)

Hey all, I have only played 3 WiF board games but love it[:)] Unfortunately, I can't get my current group of board gamers to commit to a game of it[:@] But I have told all of them muliple times about this game since I happened to look up WiF on a random search to see if such an incredible game had been computerized. I live in Cincinnnati Ohio, if any one is interested that lives kinda of close and maybe try to get a game in while we wait for Steve's masterpiece. Now for the point of the thread. Will there be cut screen shots for possible key events such as marching into Paris or the fall of Berlin. The reason why I ask is I'm a WW2 junky and I dig seeing footage from that era...ie I could watch the History Channel for hours straight. Thing I'm thinking of would be quick things like the Wonder movies from Sid Meiers Civ2, a wonderful game btw. It could be a cool option for when playing the computer and you could turn them off if you didn't want them or when playing multiplayer. Steve or Beta folks what do you think.

Chaylaton

ps Or maybe that the start of a year so maybe the young not fanatical WW2 fans can see the pace of the true war and maybe base where that in their game vs history.

Chaylaton -> RE: Motion pictures in game? (1/14/2007 6:38:18 AM)

btw sorry Shannon's masterpiece oops[8|]

Chaylaton

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Motion pictures in game? (1/14/2007 7:26:53 AM)

I have talked to David Heath about video for MWIF and we're planning on including some, in the places you mentioned. We've decided on a format for it and I only need to let Dave know what pieces I want to include (and how long it should run). There won't be a lot, maybe a couple of dozen.

BTW, Shannon V. O'Keets is an anagram.

Manack -> RE: Motion pictures in game? (1/17/2007 2:45:30 AM)

Hank's stone oven.
Tanks shove none
As one vents Honk!

Manic Inertia -> RE: Motion pictures in game? (1/17/2007 6:51:50 AM)

Movie shots? Yea !!

I hope there'll be one for a British surrender .. isn't there some footage of Prince Edward giving a nazi salute somewhere? I'm sure there's plenty of clips that could be 'doctored' to illustrate an ahistorical event .. what about Mussolini on a horse (for his entry into Cairo), for example, or Stalin's funeral edited across a happy General Vlassov for a successful Barbarossa? Footage of Dunkirk could be used for a retreat to Belfast, and the movie shots of the ceremony on Lunaberg Heath in May '45 could easily be massaged into looking like an anglo-american capitulation .. Monty was a scruffy, slouching bastard by comparison with those wooden looking Wehrmacht mannikins..

Manic Inertia -> RE: Motion pictures in game? (1/17/2007 6:53:23 AM)

I'm on a role .. maybe there could be a unique movie clip for each Objective city?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI