RE: Legendary Units changes? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

Gil R. -> RE: Legendary Units changes? (1/23/2007 7:25:50 PM)

Callahan, thanks! I had some of those on my to-do list, but certainly not all of them.

Drex -> RE: Legendary Units changes? (1/23/2007 7:50:53 PM)

Yes your right, it is the OR that's $70. BTW I have a sheet from the first edition (1889) that offers the Fox for $7.50 in Morocco bound.

chris0827 -> RE: Legendary Units changes? (1/23/2007 8:11:04 PM)

I've just found both the Official records and the official naval records for $10 each at http://www.ushistoricalarchive.com

That's probably close to 200,000 pages for $25 including shipping.

Ironclad -> RE: Legendary Units changes? (1/23/2007 8:49:39 PM)

Great find. Amazing value and all on just 2 CDs.

chris0827 -> RE: Legendary Units changes? (1/23/2007 8:52:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ironclad

Great find. Amazing value and all on just 2 CDs.

Are you sure it's only two cds? That's a lot of information for two cds.

Ironclad -> RE: Legendary Units changes? (1/23/2007 9:03:57 PM)

That was my initial reaction but I have double checked and on the "War of the Rebellion" it describes the 128 Books of the Official Records as being on "this CD" and likewise the 30 Volumes of the Navy Records on another CD. I couldn't see mention of CD size.

Callahan -> RE: Legendary Units changes? (1/23/2007 9:16:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Callahan, thanks! I had some of those on my to-do list, but certainly not all of them.

Glad I could help. If you want some background info on these units, I`ll see what Fox has to offer.

Stewart Sifakis has written several volumes about confederate regiments, but they seem to be almost impossible to get (at least here in europe).

chris0827 -> RE: Legendary Units changes? (1/23/2007 9:44:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ironclad

That was my initial reaction but I have double checked and on the "War of the Rebellion" it describes the 128 Books of the Official Records as being on "this CD" and likewise the 30 Volumes of the Navy Records on another CD. I couldn't see mention of CD size.

Hopefully that's true. It could get annoying constantly changing cds.

chris0827 -> RE: Legendary Units changes? (1/23/2007 9:46:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Callahan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Glad I could help. If you want some background info on these units, I`ll see what Fox has to offer.

Stewart Sifakis has written several volumes about confederate regiments, but they seem to be almost impossible to get (at least here in europe).

Some of those show up on amazon.com at reasonable prices. I got the Louisiana Vol. for $10 and Virginia for $20.

General Quarters -> RE: Legendary Units changes? (1/23/2007 11:14:03 PM)

Speaking of the Official Records, Chris, do you have the CD. It is easy to work with -- to find things, to print them out, and so forth. Is it searchable or indexed? That could be very nice to have.

chris0827 -> RE: Legendary Units changes? (1/23/2007 11:21:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Quarters

Speaking of the Official Records, Chris, do you have the CD. It is easy to work with -- to find things, to print them out, and so forth. Is it searchable or indexed? That could be very nice to have.

I just ordered it. You can look it over online at http://ehistory.osu.edu/osu/ but it's very difficult to search for something. The online search engine checks all 128 volumes so you can get thousands of hits depending on what you are looking for. I'm hoping the cd version is easier to use. I want to be able to search one volume at a time. I'd like to be able to find information about an army or general in a particular campaign instead of looking through all 128 volumes to find what I want. I do have the cd version of Dyers compendium. Very good if you want to know what particular regiments did during the war.

Callahan -> RE: Legendary Units changes? (1/24/2007 2:39:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris0827

Some of those show up on amazon.com at reasonable prices. I got the Louisiana Vol. for $10 and Virginia for $20.

Thanks, that might be worth a look. [:)]

christof139 -> RE: Legendary Units changes? (1/27/2007 9:54:32 AM)

Get rid of the Company names, and only use the Regimental nicknames.

Some of the Company names are rather obscure and thus inappropriate to give to Regiments, although some Company names were adapted by Regiments, but not many.

Also, never saw the '2nd Texas Sharpshooters', used or referred to, and I have a couple of books listing all the known Texas units with nicknames sometimes included.

Most of the names you picked are OK.

Another LU was the 154th TN Senior Regt. Using some Regt. numbers may be helpful, even though we're dealing with Bdes. Some LU's didn't have nicknames. 20th TN Inf. was another. How about the units composing Cleburne's Div., they were some of the best.

There was a Union Regt., the 36th Indiana I think, maybe Illinois and it may have been the 35th anyway, that wore green Kepis, the only unit in the Union army to do so, and it seems they also carreid a green Irish type of flag, and they fought in the West at Murfressborro etc. etc. etc. I just rebuilt my hardrive but I did save this info. on a disk this time. ;-)

I didn't see it but may have missed this other one, Walker's Greyhounds or Grayhounds, that is Walker's Texas Inf. Div. in the Trans Miss. Also, Mouton's then Prince Polignacs small, 2 Bde. Inf. Div. ot Louisianians and Texans.

Custer's Wolverine Ca. Bde. from MI is another I didn't see, but may have missed. Rush's Lancers (6th ot 9th PA Cav. Regt.), Maybe the 1st NY Lincoln cav. Regt., and the 1st NY veteran cav. regt., the 8th Indiana Cav. Regt or Illinois, that chased Mosby and regualr Confed here and there.

Bat B, 4th US I believe with Gibbon's etc. Western Iron Bde., and many other Yankee Batteries.

The 3 Arizona Cav. Regts., Texan actually, and the Valverde battery, and the 1st and 2nd Texan Partisan Rangers, and even the 1st Arkansas Mounted Rifles (as Inf.), the 1st Arksansas, the 5th, some of the numbered Confederate Regts., etc.

Oops, you have the Arizona Bde. but I haven't seen them yet, and would hope they are Cav. Sooooooooooo many.

Endless.

One reason I haven't seen them is because my game is lost in the mail because Matrix's shippers shipped it to a strictly numerical address as in '18235' instead of 18235 Salem'. Very intelligent and sharp of them to do that. I don't see how they did that since my correct address is a requirement to use a credit card or Paypal on the inet as the pay mechanism.

Nope, I am disgusted [8|] as well [>:] and [X(] and [&:] and very [:@][:@][:@][:@].

It has been in a PO near me since Jan 13th, but I just contacted them and am awaiting a reply. if Matrix's shipper hadn't of been so stupid and would have checked as most decent buisinesses do before they ship items in the mail, then many of us may have actually recieved the item FoF game as we paid much too much for to begin with.

I don't even know if I can download FoF again, and haven't tried yet because there will probably also be BS associated with that.

Goodnight, Chris

christof139 -> RE: Legendary Units changes? (1/27/2007 9:59:17 AM)

I told you that both can be found on Ebay etc. fairly cheap, however, I had problems with one of those, and lucky I have the better put together and operating but much more expensive Guild Press CD version of the Army OR, while the Navy OR I have is a cheapie CD. However, with the cheapies come the Southern Historical Records or whatever they are called correctly, can't remember now off the top of my head because i have been occupied with other things and other goodies and not so goodies. [;)]

Chris

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI