Dual monitor display (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support

alcazar -> Dual monitor display (1/15/2007 3:19:02 AM)

One of the nice things about ANW are the slider bars on the kick-off app that let you max out the display window rather than forcing you to kick down a display size, say from 1280x1024 to 1024x768. Well, I thought I'd push my luck and changed my two monitor set-up from dual-screen (two desktops) to a single horizontal desktop - now I can get a 2548 x 960 window across both monitors - way cool![8D]

NEC1163 -> RE: Dual monitor display (1/15/2007 6:23:12 AM)

I have a wide screen display and for some reason, things freak out unless I run Harpoon in the windowed mode. The sliders let me take advantage of the full width and height.

I believe it has something to do with my drivers and DirectX. I've had this for about 3 1/2 years and I got it when it was new. Since then HP has changed their display and adapter types (that's what I get for being first on the block). I've learned to work around it when it becomes an issue with other software and I find the flexibility in Harpoon to be great!

KlubMarcus -> RE: Dual monitor display (1/17/2007 8:03:56 AM)

I'm running H3 ANW 3.7 in windowed mode on a dual screen setup. I have the game taking up one screen and the other I used for typing or web browsing. It rocks. Oh how did I go so long with just one screen? I haven't tried 3.7.3's adjustable sliders, yet. But it sounds interesting!

KlubMarcus -> RE: Dual monitor display (1/21/2007 12:23:46 AM)

Alright! I am using H3 ANW version 3.8 Release Candidate 5. Yes, it does work well with a dual monitor display. I have a laptop + flat screen using WinXP extended desktop. The sliders will move to the highest resolution on the screen that has H3 ANW running in windowed mode. I am playing on one screen and typing up this reply on the other. Works really well. My only suggestion is to set the larger screen as your primary monitor inside WinXP Display Settings and running H3 ANW on that screen in order to run as large a mapview as possible. Oh, one more thing. The game seems to run smoother/faster now even though I am switching back and forth between H3 and Firefox.

TonyE -> RE: Dual monitor display (1/21/2007 12:54:24 AM)

You can run a H3 session across both windows but the current launcher won't set the size for you.  You can edit the size towards the bottom of your harpoon3.ini file to make H3 span both displays.

KlubMarcus -> RE: Dual monitor display (1/24/2007 11:13:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TonyE

You can run a H3 session across both windows but the current launcher won't set the size for you. You can edit the size towards the bottom of your harpoon3.ini file to make H3 span both displays.
I'd love to, but my screens are physically different in size. Running a program across both desktops looks lousy. [sm=nono.gif]

alcazar -> RE: Dual monitor display (1/25/2007 12:48:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KlubMarcus
I'd love to, but my screens are physically different in size. Running a program across both desktops looks lousy. [sm=nono.gif]

My screens are different sizes - both 17" but ones a CRT and so effectively 15". They're set to the same rez, so I can use a single desktop and a dual monitor H3 window. I use each monitor for several H3 displays and this works fine so long as I don't have any stretching across the 'gap' in the middle! [:)]

KlubMarcus -> RE: Dual monitor display (1/30/2007 10:51:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: alcazar My screens are different sizes - both 17" but ones a CRT and so effectively 15". They're set to the same rez, so I can use a single desktop and a dual monitor H3 window. I use each monitor for several H3 displays and this works fine so long as I don't have any stretching across the 'gap' in the middle! [:)]
Nice! Alas, the difference is too large at my end.

The only solution I can think of is a new feature for H3 ANW to have another window running the same game session; similar to browsing different pages off the same website, using two web browser windows, with the browser windows displayed on two separate screens. [:D]

galambo -> RE: Dual monitor display (2/27/2007 6:02:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KlubMarcus

quote:

ORIGINAL: TonyE

You can run a H3 session across both windows but the current launcher won't set the size for you. You can edit the size towards the bottom of your harpoon3.ini file to make H3 span both displays.

OK i will bit. Given i just bought harpoon, can you share with me the changes in the INI file to suport dual monitors, full screen mode.

or if not where i can find the info.

thanks

TonyE -> RE: Dual monitor display (2/27/2007 7:09:55 PM)

Not in full screen mode but yes in windowed mode. This assumes you are using 3.7.1 or later, not the 3.7.0 that shipped on the CD.

excerpts from harpoon3.ini

RunInWindow ON
VideoWidth 2240
VideoHeight 760

galambo -> RE: Dual monitor display (2/28/2007 12:15:50 AM)

thks

it works

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI