Nationalities? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided

Avatar47 -> Nationalities? (1/16/2007 5:00:56 PM)

Just out of curiosity, what are the nationalities here? I have the feeling mostly europeans. I'm Canadian, must be at least a couple others around....

Maybe after this first tourney, we do a AWD "Ryder" Cup or something... :D

rjh1971 -> RE: Nationalities? (1/16/2007 7:11:02 PM)

As far as I know

aaminoff ---------------------------->American, 38
Avatar47 ----------------------------> Canadian
BoerWar-----------------------------> American, 43
christian brown (Tristansdad) ----> American living in Belgium,31
crackerjack747---------------------> Canadian (Toronto) 43
Dhillan -----------------------------> Brazilian, 18 so far the youngest [;)]
Erik Rutins (Ruthenion) -----------> American
Forwarn45 ------------->American, 35
GKar ------------------->Germany
Haudrauf1962---------> Germany, 44
Ilkendter----------------> American, mid 40s
Invernomuto-------------->Italian, 30
JanSorensen ----------> Danish
Jevhaddah-------------> Scottish, 38
kondor -----------------> Croatia, 28
Lebatron ---------------> American
Marshall Art-------------> German (Berlin), 33
mikemcmann ----------> American, 33
MrQuiet -----------------> American (Western Massachusetts), 39
rjh1971 -----------------> Spanish, 36
Svejk--------------------> Australian (Oz), 46
tica (Tcarter) -----------> Canadian Living in the States
Titanwarrior89---> American, 57 wargameplayer (wargameplaya)
coralsaw------------------> Greek
Rabbitman----------------> Australian, 28
Uncle_Joe-----------------> American, 38
Wanderinghead----------->American, 37
Yohan----------------------> Canadian (Toronto) 45

All of the above are one year older or will soon be.
Farlo----------------------> North Carolina, 68 So far the eldest [;)][;)], when I reach your age I still want to keep on playing wargames.
yuiymkgfftgh-------------> American
Lucky1--------------------> Canadian becoming an Aussie [;)]
lkendter-------------------> USA

I think there are more players from the other side of the puddle.

If any of you guys wants his nationality deleted, let me know

MrLongleg -> RE: Nationalities? (1/16/2007 8:00:36 PM)

I am German, living near Munich... (and I am 44 years old)

And GKar also is from Germany, which is a part of "old Europe" [;)]

rjh1971 -> RE: Nationalities? (1/16/2007 10:48:52 PM)

Another question that has been hovering over me is:

What is AWD players average age?

I'd say it's between 30 to forty or over. I'm 35 turning 36 on march.

I just wished these pc strategy games would have fallen into my hands when I was a teenager or in my twenties (had so much time then[8|]), but then I might have not got the money to purchase them. [:D][:D][:D]

MrQuiet -> RE: Nationalities? (1/17/2007 12:07:11 AM)

Age 39
Live in Western Massachusetts, USA

GKar -> RE: Nationalities? (1/17/2007 1:50:48 AM)

According to rjh1971's definition I'm still in the "so much time then" phase... - well, actually not. [:o]

Oh, and I'm a proud citizen of 'Old Europe'. [:D] [;)]

Jevhaddah -> RE: Nationalities? (1/17/2007 2:34:57 AM)

Well I'm Scottish and 48 going on 102 [;)]

Cheers
Jev

aaminoff -> RE: Nationalities? (1/17/2007 4:17:01 AM)

American, 38.

- Alex

Forwarn45 -> RE: Nationalities? (1/17/2007 6:29:58 AM)

American here and 35. I used to play the old SSI games by Gary, Joel and company on my Apple IIc when I was in junior high and high school.

Uncle_Joe -> RE: Nationalities? (1/17/2007 7:25:36 AM)

quote:

American here and 35. I used to play the old SSI games by Gary, Joel and company on my Apple IIc when I was in junior high and high school.

Ditto, except I'm 38. One of my early favorites 'Field of Fire'....great tactical game for the time!

kondor -> RE: Nationalities? (1/17/2007 10:16:13 AM)

Croatian, 28 year old seeks beautifull wom... ups. wrong autopilot[:D].
Also defending colours of the "old" continent[;)]

First game on mine first 386 dx2 80mhz [:D], was Panzer general... And what a great game it was...

And before that on commodore 64 played Johnny Reb 2 I think... I remembered Roadman artillery was great![:)]

WanderingHead -> RE: Nationalities? (1/17/2007 10:21:04 AM)

USA

37 years of age.

coralsaw -> RE: Nationalities? (1/17/2007 11:26:16 AM)

Greek, mostly in Athens.

/coralsaw

Rabbitman -> RE: Nationalities? (1/17/2007 11:42:03 AM)

28 yr old Australian here.[&o]

Avatar47 -> RE: Nationalities? (1/17/2007 12:33:20 PM)

I'm 28, and along with kondor, the youngest? I got into wargaming at 13 with Gary G's War In Russia (best East Front simulator ever), A&A (not really a wargame though, but at 13, fun as hell). I was lucky that I came of-age at a time, early 90's, when the wargaming computer industry was at a peak. Finding like-minded folk at 13-14-15 makes looking for a needle in a haystack an easy task.

I have to say, however, that AWD is one of the most refreshing wargames I have played in many a year. It combines many elements of what I look for in a wargame, so props to GG, who's games, as I mentioned before, I've been enjoying since 13 :). I look forward to taking a little more part in this fringe-niche-littlecorner-of-a-hobby, and encourage those who haven't joined our tournament yet that there's still time, and you'll have fun, make some aquaintences (sp?) too :)

Rabbitman -> RE: Nationalities? (1/17/2007 12:53:38 PM)

I love this game and when I finally get the upgrade, WAW may surpass the original's of  Steel Panthers and Close Combat in my heart.[8D]

christian brown -> RE: Nationalities? (1/17/2007 7:47:35 PM)

US citizen expat (3rd culture: not really American anymore, never truly be a belgian) 31.
First wargame: AH's the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich in 1987 (great concepts about beachheads and breakthroughs) - and so it began for me very early.
Note: actually bought and played Tactics II![:D]

invernomuto -> RE: Nationalities? (1/18/2007 1:54:56 AM)

Italian, 30.
My favourite game is WITP (a truly masterpiece) but I enjoy WAW and AWD also. I just started a game with WA, very interesting to play.

BYE

lkendter -> RE: Nationalities? (2/3/2007 10:47:21 PM)

American from PA, mid 40s

Probably wouldn't play in a tournament thought, as I have barely had time to play the game.  This is one of several games that arrived around Chirstmas, and it will take months to look at all of them.

mikemcmann -> RE: Nationalities? (2/5/2007 4:46:30 PM)

Yeah, you got me right. USA, 33 years old. Been playing wargames since 1980ish when my brother and I playd Blitzkried by Avalon Hill.....ahh the old days...  :)

Later

Mike

rjh1971 -> RE: Nationalities? (2/6/2007 1:13:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikemcmann

Yeah, you got me right. USA, 33 years old. Been playing wargames since 1980ish when my brother and I playd Blitzkried by Avalon Hill.....ahh the old days...  :)

Later

Mike

Updated your data with your age, didn't have that [8D]
Did you play Russian Front? Would love to see that game in pc format.

mikemcmann -> RE: Nationalities? (2/6/2007 3:24:37 AM)

hehe...yep, played it a few times. Played most of the avalon hill games and GDW and SPI....

I am a gamer loser! heheh![;)]

Mike

crackerjack747 -> RE: Nationalities? (2/6/2007 8:23:26 AM)

Hi All,

I'm Canadian, Toronto area, 43 started playing AH games at 14. Just purchased AWD, finished the manual and have started the Total War campaign as Axis against AI to get a feel for things. I'm really interested in PBEM play. When will the next tourney start? Not sure if I'll be sufficiently up to speed by then.

Would anyone be interested in getting into a slow PBEM game with me as a mentor ie. provide some tips, critical assements and feedback as the game progresses to make it a learning expereince????

Other wargames I'm involved with are Advanced Squad Leader. The Starter Kits are a great way to get into into this game. The community is huge. Would like to spend more time gaming but real life always seems to get in the way!

Cheers

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Nationalities? (2/11/2007 12:46:07 AM)

US and age 57.[:)]

YohanTM2 -> RE: Nationalities? (2/12/2007 4:07:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: crackerjack747

Hi All,

I'm Canadian, Toronto area, 43 started playing AH games at 14. Just purchased AWD, finished the manual and have started the Total War campaign as Axis against AI to get a feel for things. I'm really interested in PBEM play. When will the next tourney start? Not sure if I'll be sufficiently up to speed by then.

Would anyone be interested in getting into a slow PBEM game with me as a mentor ie. provide some tips, critical assements and feedback as the game progresses to make it a learning expereince????

Other wargames I'm involved with are Advanced Squad Leader. The Starter Kits are a great way to get into into this game. The community is huge. Would like to spend more time gaming but real life always seems to get in the way!

Cheers

Hey Cracker, drop me your email address and I'm in. From Toronto as well and 45.

crackerjack747 -> RE: Nationalities? (2/12/2007 10:01:44 PM)

Yohan - You can get me at crackerjack747@hotmail.com. I still haven't been able to get enough time to get through a AWD game against the AI, real ife keeps getting in the way. I'd be interested in what other games you play.

Brad

ezto -> RE: Nationalities? (2/15/2007 10:42:01 PM)

looking for a game or 2.
eztoindajar@gmail.com

Dhillan -> RE: Nationalities? (2/20/2007 5:23:49 PM)

Brazilian
18 years old

just bought the game :P

Svejk -> RE: Nationalities? (2/24/2007 12:50:11 PM)

I'm from Oz

Svejk -> RE: Nationalities? (2/24/2007 12:52:12 PM)

It pains me to relate that not only am I Australian but that I'm 46. Ah I remember the golden years of SPI in the late '70s blah blah blah. (Mind you, I see our old friend John Prados is making a splash at the moment).

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI