Yeah, another PureSim vs. OOTP thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

baseballfan99 -> Yeah, another PureSim vs. OOTP thread (1/22/2007 1:23:39 AM)

With Shaun retiring, I am wondering how the baseball sim world will go. Markus has lost a huge competitor and I wonder if complacency might sit in now. I have played both games and go back and forth between them. But, I was wanting to get some opinions on what you like more about PureSim than you do about OOTP?

dneely -> RE: Yeah, another PureSim vs. OOTP thread (1/22/2007 1:40:43 AM)

I am on the beta testing team for OOTP 2007 and can assure you the game will be MUCH improved over the 2006 version. Obviously at this point I am not able to disclose any of the particulars, but I am VERY confident that those who have owned OOTP in the past will be very pleased with the new version. Markus has added a TON of improvements and fixes and while I'm not ready to say the fun and feel of 6.5 has comletely returned but it sure looks that way...

VanScoy -> RE: Yeah, another PureSim vs. OOTP thread (1/22/2007 4:46:51 AM)

I play both games also but I never saw them as really direct competition with each other. well, I suppose it's true that someone might buy one or the other, but I do not see Markus saying , phew, Puresim is off the market so I can sit back and coast.

galaril -> RE: Yeah, another PureSim vs. OOTP thread (1/23/2007 4:15:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dneely

I am on the beta testing team for OOTP 2007 and can assure you the game will be MUCH improved over the 2006 version. Obviously at this point I am not able to disclose any of the particulars, but I am VERY confident that those who have owned OOTP in the past will be very pleased with the new version. Markus has added a TON of improvements and fixes and while I'm not ready to say the fun and feel of 6.5 has comletely returned but it sure looks that way...

No disrespect but sorry if I am skeptical. I heard this before and if you don't mind I think those who play the demo and/or buy the game will decide if it is much improved over that piece of s*&^ abortion they gave us last year. IMHO though it doesn't sound like the case was that Marcus just get the features from OOTP and ootp 6.5 working before adding anymore this year.

SpharV2 -> RE: Yeah, another PureSim vs. OOTP thread (1/23/2007 4:47:05 AM)

I, for one, could never get much into OOTP. I loved the simplicity of Puresim and it's ease of use. I think OOTP suffered from the fact that it had been out long enough that each new version had to have some huge batch of new features, and after a while, it just kind of got overwhelmed in too much detail. Puresim was a nice not overly complex game that still had the feel of a baseball game and not a spreadsheet/roto geeks wetdream. :) Of course, a lot of people like the details and get into it obviously, but I preferred to just be able to fire up a game, watch a week or so worth of games, and not feel like I was getting too far behind in the whole "work" part of the game.

dneely -> RE: Yeah, another PureSim vs. OOTP thread (1/25/2007 2:56:06 AM)

Galaril:

I can certainly understand and appreciate your lack of confidence in OOTP after the 2006 release. I was very unhappy with the 2006 version and basically had it on my HD after a few attempts at getting into it. What I said was "my opinion" and no more. Like you I did not even play 2006! in my mind the "Fun" factor was completely gone. I can only say that I am very pleased with the version I am now testing. It is far from perfect at this stage but many of the new things are actually fixes and refinements from 6.5 and last years game. Many of the testers are like me and far from "fan boys" and overall the reaction from what is a large Beta team is very positive. If Markus can fix a few problems and solve a few others I sincerely believe and you and others may really enjoy this version. But each to their own so it still may not be what you are looking for.

I would also like to say that I completely enjoyed this latest version of PureSim and played it constantly! I am personally very unhappy that Shaun will not be doing another version, but I totally understand why he did this and support him regardless of what he has decided. I wish him all the best and I know he will be greatly missed. PureSim will continue and the current version can live on for years even if he never touched it again. PureSim is FUN!!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI