Getting Fast Transports to Bombard (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

Anthropoid -> Getting Fast Transports to Bombard (1/23/2007 1:36:33 AM)

Playing the allies against AI; May 19 1942 in the "Campaign 42A" scenario. Japs have done fast transported some guys in to counter my forces at Lunga, and bombarded me as they dropped them off (I think).

How do I get DDs on fast transport to bombard enemy units in a tile to which I assign them to drop off units or cargo? Is it possible? Or do I have to set some units as fast transports, then have some other ones set as escourts who bombard?

rtrapasso -> RE: Getting Fast Transports to Bombard (1/23/2007 1:38:12 AM)

AFAIK - you can assign a TF only one mission at a time. Either wait a turn, or assign a separate TF the task.

tsimmonds -> RE: Getting Fast Transports to Bombard (1/23/2007 1:43:44 AM)

Not possible, they had to have sent a bombardment TF along.

BTW, had you had an SCTF in the hex, you might possibly have scotched the whole thing.

Anthropoid -> RE: Getting Fast Transports to Bombard (1/23/2007 1:48:04 AM)

SCTF? Scout Task Force?

bradfordkay -> RE: Getting Fast Transports to Bombard (1/23/2007 1:58:29 AM)

Surface Combat Task Force

Anthropoid -> RE: Getting Fast Transports to Bombard (1/23/2007 4:08:46 AM)

I'm not sure my gambit to get troops on Lunga before the Japs right at the beginning of this scenario is going to work. Wish I had realized about the value of PT boats. Ah well, at this early stage of my learning curve, mistakes are valuable learning experiences!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI