Problem with on-line league but could be problem with any game not managed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

Deltadog -> Problem with on-line league but could be problem with any game not managed (1/24/2007 11:56:33 PM)

After last weeks games in an online league I noted that Lefty Grove had suffered a minor injury. Because it was estimated that it would take him 10 days to recover, I chose not to place him on the disabled list, but did not want him to pitch. I moved him from the starting rotation to a reliever roll and then
accessed the player usage option and checked the control that should have kept him on the bench. Despite this on May 17 the computer moved him back
into the starting rotation and he started the game against Cleveland and went 3.1 innings.

The starting line ups appear as I set them (so I know my roster changes uploaded and were added to the league file, but despite this the computer
juggled the line in most of the weeks games. This is despite the fact that in the Mgr/GM tendencies section, I set the auto juggle setting at
"never juggle line ups". In the game of the May 17 Cecil Travis was moved from 8th to lead off. In another game he lead off and played 3b when he should
have batted 7th.

This week the A-1 disregarded my settings and did as it pleased. If the A1 is going to disregard everthing I try to do, what role am I playing in this
league? If anyone can point out what I did wrong (Shaun) and how to prevent this from happening again, I would appreaciate the information.

One other GM in the league has indicated that he also experienced a similar problem.

Deltadog -> RE: Problem with on-line league but could be problem with any game not managed (1/25/2007 6:55:54 PM)

Apparently no one has any help for this problem.  Another week has been played and this time I did not bother to make any roster moves since they appear to do little if any good.  Grove is still to be kept on the bench but still plays and during the 7 games played the line ups I set were not used even once.  The auto juggle is still set at never juggle, but juggling continues.

XCom -> RE: Problem with on-line league but could be problem with any game not managed (1/26/2007 12:34:27 AM)

Deltadog, I don't think there are many (if any) other active leagues going on right now to even test this out. My online multiplayer league is slated to start simming in February, so if you can hang tight we should have some real world examples from another league shortly.

Deltadog -> RE: Problem with on-line league but could be problem with any game not managed (1/26/2007 6:51:06 AM)

Thanks for your response.  I will look foward to the start of your league to see if anyone else sees this problem.

Unless the problem arose in the upload or the merger of the roster moves with the league files, which I do not believe is the case, this issue could exist in any league inwhich games are simmed.  The reason that I don't believe that the the problem is related only remote leagues is the fact that the changes to settings and the roster settings (except for the pitcher) are present in the file downloaded after the first weeks games and the second weeks games.  I am wondering if anyone who sims all games in non-remote leagues has experienced this issue 

Dirtdog20 -> RE: Problem with on-line league but could be problem with any game not managed (1/26/2007 7:16:26 AM)

If I am not mistaken the manual says that having an injured player on the roster will override the manager tendencies.  I will look tomorrow during lunch and see if I can find the page or location where I saw this.  What it may mean is that if you leave an injured player on the 25 and try to hide him, the AI disreguards your instructions as a way to keep you from gaming the AI.  Granted this would make more sense if the game recognised 25 and 40 man roster issues but... its a thought.

Deltadog -> RE: Problem with on-line league but could be problem with any game not managed (1/26/2007 9:25:34 PM)

Thanks for your response.

Perhaps I missed what you are referring to. I found the following-

Auto.Rest.InjuredPlayers.if.injury.severity.is –
When a player is injured,this selection will determine when or if the computer
managerwill pull the player for some rest,depending on the injury severity.
This option will take precedence over any selection made n the Auto Juggle
Lineups (Majors) option below.

However, the manager tendancy I am having a problem with deals with juggling other players
that are not injured. The control which should keep the injuried pitcher on the bench is accessed from
the player card not the manager tendancy screen. This differance may mean nothing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI