Matrix, very dissappointed in you! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Martiallaw -> Matrix, very dissappointed in you! (1/25/2007 5:42:24 AM)

From UK I ordered your game "World at War: A World Divided" and received the copy yesterday. But I am very upset to see what I got! The case did not have the plastic seal, it was open, there was no maunal inside as it was with "World at War", and more to that the CD had minor scratches, i.e. it was used, second hand! Did I pay Pound 35 to get a second hand used CD with scratches? I wish to inform you that being a regular PC strategy game player I have a lot of games with me, some of them are very rare, I love to collect almost all good titles no matter what rating they get from gaming sites and no CD/DVD of mine has a single scratch! I never buy a second hand or used thing in my life! And I can't accept the game you sent me. I never experienced this kind of thing from any other game maker and I am very surprised to get this kind of treatment from you because I thought you were a reputable company.[:@]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Matrix, very dissappointed in you! (1/25/2007 6:19:51 AM)

Martiallaw,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Martiallaw
From UK I ordered your game "World at War: A World Divided" and received the copy yesterday. But I am very upset to see what I got!

I'm very sorry to hear that you're unhappy with what you received. Was this your first order from our online store? It sounds like you are comparing the original WAW Retail box with the standard DVD case we sell online.

quote:

The case did not have the plastic seal, it was open, there was no maunal inside as it was with "World at War", and more to that the CD had minor scratches, i.e. it was used, second hand! Did I pay Pound 35 to get a second hand used CD with scratches?

All of our non-retail boxes are DVD cases which are not shrink-wrapped. Also, they do not include a printed manual, only a DVD manual. This is how it has been for years for all our titles that are not retail releases. The original WAW was an exception as one of the retail releases. The full manual is included as a PDF, accessible from the game menu when you launch the game.

Note that we are now in the process of slowly introducing printed manuals to our new releases for the first time. Up until now, none of our online store "game on demand" copies had printed manuals.

However, you should not have received a CD with scratches and there is nothing second hand here. We print and pack each copy as it is ordered, that's why it has your order number and serial number printed directly on the CD. I have to assume some damage was caused to the CD during handling or shipping and we'd be happy to replace that.

quote:

I wish to inform you that being a regular PC strategy game player I have a lot of games with me, some of them are very rare, I love to collect almost all good titles no matter what rating they get from gaming sites and no CD/DVD of mine has a single scratch! I never buy a second hand or used thing in my life! And I can't accept the game you sent me. I never experienced this kind of thing from any other game maker and I am very surprised to get this kind of treatment from you because I thought you were a reputable company.[:@]

I repeat, there's nothing second-hand here. What you received is exactly what we and many other companies sell when not selling into retail stores. This is a niche market and up until very recently, it was impossible for us to consider a printed manual for every release. The online store clearly states that the physical copy is a DVD case plus a printed CD. We're happy to replace it if it is damaged, but the package itself is standard and has nothing to do with being reputable or not.

Regards,

- Erik

Martiallaw -> RE: Matrix, very dissappointed in you! (1/25/2007 8:13:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Martiallaw,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Martiallaw
From UK I ordered your game "World at War: A World Divided" and received the copy yesterday. But I am very upset to see what I got!

I'm very sorry to hear that you're unhappy with what you received. Was this your first order from our online store? It sounds like you are comparing the original WAW Retail box with the standard DVD case we sell online.

quote:

The case did not have the plastic seal, it was open, there was no maunal inside as it was with "World at War", and more to that the CD had minor scratches, i.e. it was used, second hand! Did I pay Pound 35 to get a second hand used CD with scratches?

All of our non-retail boxes are DVD cases which are not shrink-wrapped. Also, they do not include a printed manual, only a DVD manual. This is how it has been for years for all our titles that are not retail releases. The original WAW was an exception as one of the retail releases. The full manual is included as a PDF, accessible from the game menu when you launch the game.

Note that we are now in the process of slowly introducing printed manuals to our new releases for the first time. Up until now, none of our online store "game on demand" copies had printed manuals.

However, you should not have received a CD with scratches and there is nothing second hand here. We print and pack each copy as it is ordered, that's why it has your order number and serial number printed directly on the CD. I have to assume some damage was caused to the CD during handling or shipping and we'd be happy to replace that.

quote:

I wish to inform you that being a regular PC strategy game player I have a lot of games with me, some of them are very rare, I love to collect almost all good titles no matter what rating they get from gaming sites and no CD/DVD of mine has a single scratch! I never buy a second hand or used thing in my life! And I can't accept the game you sent me. I never experienced this kind of thing from any other game maker and I am very surprised to get this kind of treatment from you because I thought you were a reputable company.[:@]

I repeat, there's nothing second-hand here. What you received is exactly what we and many other companies sell when not selling into retail stores. This is a niche market and up until very recently, it was impossible for us to consider a printed manual for every release. The online store clearly states that the physical copy is a DVD case plus a printed CD. We're happy to replace it if it is damaged, but the package itself is standard and has nothing to do with being reputable or not.

Regards,

- Erik

Hi,

Thanks for your clarification regarding the plastic seal "shrink-wrap" and the printed manual as well as that the product is not second hand. But about the CD which has minor scratches, please inform me how you would replace it? What would be method? Please inform me. Thanks[:)]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Matrix, very dissappointed in you! (1/25/2007 3:00:16 PM)

Martiallaw,

Send an e-mail to me at erikr@matrixgames.com and also to support@matrixgames.com with your order number and we'll get a replacement sent to you.

Regards,

- Erik

UndercoverNotChickenSalad -> RE: Matrix, very dissappointed in you! (1/25/2007 4:47:54 PM)

no CD/DVD of mine has a single scratch!

I keep all mine in a pile and shuffle fru im whenever I'm looking to play something. The Scratchmaster [8D]

MikeBrough -> RE: Matrix, very dissappointed in you! (1/29/2007 11:15:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Martiallaw,

Send an e-mail to me at erikr@matrixgames.com and also to support@matrixgames.com with your order number and we'll get a replacement sent to you.

Regards,

- Erik

Can't say fairer than that, Martiallaw.

Was the CD OK, though? Did it still load? Like UndercoverNotChickenSalad, I'm a stack-shuffler. Thank God for digital downloads!

a white rabbit -> RE: Matrix, very dissappointed in you! (1/30/2007 5:35:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: UndercoverNotChickenSalad

no CD/DVD of mine has a single scratch!

I keep all mine in a pile and shuffle fru im whenever I'm looking to play something. The Scratchmaster [8D]

..my t3's in pristine condition [:'(]..

..ok, it's only the "just-in-case" disc copy but even so..err try no-cd versions ?..[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI