function of the set formation and set all formations buttons? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design

gregusc -> function of the set formation and set all formations buttons? (1/26/2007 6:07:50 AM)

I was wondering if any of the editor guru types in this forum could lend some insight into the function of the "set formation" and "set all formations" buttons on the bottom right of the location tab in the database editor. These buttons only appear on the locations tab and nowhere else in the editor. And before I get flammed about it, yes, in fact, I did read the editor manual [>:] and it was not at all helpful. I tried playing with the button [:)] and it did not seem to change anything [:(].

Thanks ahead for any help.

Greg.

Ian R -> RE: function of the set formation and set all formations buttons? (1/26/2007 7:31:43 AM)

I pressed set all once to see what happened (and you are correct, there is SFA about it in the manual, nor could I find anuthing in the patch notes) and noticed afterwards that certain Aviation units (PAF, MAF, DAF/DAF2) which used not to have a formation TOE now had one - the one for combat engineer regiments.

Tempting as that was I went back and cleared their formation value so that the game will (I hope) again adopt and set their initial strength as their TOE.

Never again.

gregusc -> RE: function of the set formation and set all formations buttons? (1/27/2007 8:58:20 PM)

Thank you Mr. R for your assist........now, as I have been playing with these buttons some more I have not been able to get ANY results!! If I read Ian's post correctly he at least got some function from them...even if he was not able to duplicate it. As near as I can tell these buttons are either not defined OR there use is so cryptic I can't decipher it........[:@]

Anyone else have some insight On this?

Thanks, Greg.

P.S. It's editor Ver. 6... or whatever the updated Ver. that is available from Matrix.

el cid again -> RE: function of the set formation and set all formations buttons? (1/27/2007 11:38:00 PM)

You are correct - nothing happens.

Ian R -> RE: function of the set formation and set all formations buttons? (1/28/2007 8:03:29 AM)

"Nothing Happens"

Sounds like a Joseph Heller novel.

I thought maybe it worked like the ships/aircraft ones - if you altered a formation in the formation section of the locations data file, then you could "set" your edited formation or "set all" of several edited formations to apply the change accross all units set to that formation.

Next patch perhaps?

el cid again -> RE: function of the set formation and set all formations buttons? (1/28/2007 1:32:56 PM)

I cannot see the code - so here is a guess: WITP is full of "hooks"

these are places things are set up but not yet implemented

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI