Clarification: Factory points with damage? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided

Bubble -> Clarification: Factory points with damage? (1/26/2007 11:27:37 PM)

If this is not the appropriate place to ASK for rule clarifications, please let me know. The "Top: Rule Clarifications" thread on the main game page appears to be a listing of clarifications, and no one has asked there.

Anyway, the AWD manual says on p 105 "Factories at Damage Level 1 produce 1/2 their normal Factory Points (rounded down)."

Suppose I'm in Honshu, with 5 factories, 2 of which are at damage level one. Do I get a total of 3 factory points from these factories, or 4? In other words, do the half-factory-points from the two damaged factories combine to make a full factory point, or do they get rounded down before they get a chance to "combine"?

GKar -> RE: Clarification: Factory points with damage? (1/27/2007 12:15:11 AM)

I think you have to apply the factory multiplier first (which is x2 or x3 for Japan) before dividing by 2. I don't know if the individual results are rounded or just their sum at the end, same for rounding up or down.

MrQuiet -> RE: Clarification: Factory points with damage? (1/27/2007 12:25:05 AM)

quote:

Suppose I'm in Honshu, with 5 factories, 2 of which are at damage level one. Do I get a total of 3 factory points from these factories, or 4? In other words, do the half-factory-points from the two damaged factories combine to make a full factory point, or do they get rounded down before they get a chance to "combine"?

Japan has a factory multiplier of 3.
Each factory normally produces 3 production points if you have enough linked resources

Any of those factorys that are at level 1 damage are producing 1 production point (3/2 = 1.5 rounded down =1)

So the total output in that region would be (3undamaged x 3) + (2damaged x 1) = 11 production points

Hope that helps.

-MrQuiet

Bubble -> RE: Clarification: Factory points with damage? (1/27/2007 1:30:04 AM)

Thanks guys -- I wasn't sure whether to apply the multiplier before or after rounding down.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI