skill attributes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0

hack153 -> skill attributes (1/27/2007 9:07:56 PM)

what skill attributes, if any, are players changing and why? i see that the lastest download 1/4/07 has not changed any of the attributes. it seemed, to me, that there needed to be some changes (but i have been wrong before).

thanks.

Marauders -> RE: skill attributes (1/29/2007 9:10:39 PM)

quote:

what skill attributes, if any, are players changing and why? i see that the lastest download 1/4/07 has not changed any of the attributes. it seemed, to me, that there needed to be some changes (but i have been wrong before).

Do you mean changes to default player attributes or adding attributes to the game?

hack153 -> RE: skill attributes (1/29/2007 10:33:16 PM)

change default attribute ranges....

nmleague -> RE: skill attributes (1/29/2007 11:19:47 PM)

I modified some ranges for my game. Mainly I changed the speed range for LB, DL and RB. For those I moved the upper limit up.  Also increase the range size for DB and R so teams didnt end up with a bunch of very fast DB or R.  If your interested I could post the ranges Im using.

I have also edited the data constant file trying to get better reaction by the defense.

prisonerno6 -> RE: skill attributes (1/29/2007 11:39:03 PM)

nmleague - I would like to see your modified ranges.

nmleague -> RE: skill attributes (1/30/2007 1:15:45 AM)

Ok here are the speed skill ranges Im currently using, speed is the R1 column on the data base skill ranges page.

QB  60/75
WR  80/90
OL  50/55
RB   75/85
DL   55/70
LB   65/78
DB   80/90
TE   70/80

These do several things.

1.  wider variety of speed for WR and R
2.  Better indication of the speed of LB and DL in todays college and pro game.
3.  Better speed for running backs, both to counter the new speed of DL and LB, but also to give them more of a breakaway ability.

hack153 -> RE: skill attributes (1/30/2007 3:23:09 AM)

that's almost like what i did....

simmer -> RE: skill attributes (1/30/2007 3:27:07 AM)

Too bad we did'nt have a global editor for the skill attributes. This would be easier for a large league such as my NCAA.

nmleague -> RE: skill attributes (1/30/2007 3:38:16 AM)

What do you mean by global editor?  Once the skill ranges are edited in the main data file all players generated for draft etc. will be influenced by those, in effect a global impact.  Have you tried to edit the maindata file, once you go to the skill range table, all the skill ranges are there availablel to edit on one page?  Im not sure but I believe someone did do a 3rd party tool for editing the main data file, maybe someone else can remmember.

Deft -> RE: skill attributes (1/30/2007 5:31:42 AM)

One of my suggestions would be move the skill ranges to the league database.  Then for instance, era specific skill ratings could fit the leagues.  A 50's era NFL would have slower QBs, LBs, and better blocking TEs.  Your 50's league could carry the ratings for each new draft without messing with any other league.

CFL_FAN_7 -> RE: skill attributes (1/31/2007 1:57:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

quote:

Do you mean changes to default player attributes or adding attributes to the game?

can u add attributes to the game?? like break tackle, jump and tackle.

dreamtheatervt -> RE: skill attributes (1/31/2007 2:42:43 AM)

CFL, that would require a major re-coding of the game, so no.  What you asked would be impossible by anyone except David.  I mean, you could add attributes, but unless you changed all the mathematics of the game to include them, they would be meaningless.

prisonerno6 -> RE: skill attributes (2/1/2007 8:58:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deft

One of my suggestions would be move the skill ranges to the league database.  Then for instance, era specific skill ratings could fit the leagues.  A 50's era NFL would have slower QBs, LBs, and better blocking TEs.  Your 50's league could carry the ratings for each new draft without messing with any other league.

Pardon my ignorance, but are you stating that if we set the numbers in the Skill Ranges League Database, the players should not have #'s lower/higher that what is enter in the Skill Ranges League Database? And if so, are the numbers set before/after training camp or start of season? I am asking due to the fact that I am currently in the middle of customizing a league and would like to know if I need to redo what I have done so far for the new skill sets to work properly.

Marauders -> RE: skill attributes (2/1/2007 10:48:43 PM)

quote:

can u add attributes to the game?? like break tackle, jump and tackle.

As DT pointed out, these cannot be player added.

My response was to a question about changes made to the game from prior builds, and I was asking about what changes were being addressed.

quixian -> RE: skill attributes (2/26/2007 9:20:32 PM)

I've tried editing the skill attribute range for speed with my RBs, but for some reason, I'm seeing players show up post-draft that are rated 8+ points ABOVE the maximum number in the range I'm assigning.  Any ideas why that is?  [&:]

I'm GUESSING that it has something to do with the fact that there are only 256 (or something like that) RBs generated by the game in the draft pool, and then when the "Final Rosters" are filled out post-draft, undrafted FAs that were generated as a WR or DB (and went undrafted) were picked up by the CPU teams to fill roster spots based upon the team profiles, assuming that speed is a valued attribute in filling a RB roster spot.

Maybe I'm way off here, but any ideas or solutions would be helpful.  I'm trying to limit the speed of RBs in my league to a 75-80 range as backs that are over 80 seem to cause problems with ongoing accurate stat modeling in my coach and arcade mode games.

nmleague -> RE: skill attributes (2/26/2007 10:08:14 PM)

What level are your players?  Im pretty sure that the attributes that you edited are for the base players, those attributes then get modified up or down depending on what level of players the league usese.  For example if your league uses All Pro players then the players will be faster than the ranges you specified.  If the league used HS level players the speed would be less. 

The computer will not draft players that are one position and then change them to another position.

quixian -> RE: skill attributes (2/26/2007 10:14:09 PM)

Heh, it seems that I'm giving the CPU profiles too much credit, thinking that they would fill vacant RB slots with the best available athletes.  [:)]

I'm trying to set up an All-Pro league.  If you know what # using that league setup modifies the speed ratings by, that would be great, as I can then compensate the ranges accordingly.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI