Japanese Supply/Resource Management (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> The War Room

Grimmbro -> Japanese Supply/Resource Management (1/31/2007 11:14:22 AM)

I'm not sure where to post this, but thought this might be best. Just played through the game on Challenging and won a substantial victory as the axis/japanese. The secret was an early succes in Russia and then the Japanese did a move on Australia and then jigged back for an invasion of Alaska. This beachhead lead to the complete taking of NORTH AMERICA!

Which raises a minor AI question (not the major question of this post), but the AI seems a bit focused on following an historical script and if the human player deviates from this, it tends to ignore. So the Americans kept taking out one supply ship on the west coast, which I kept replacing and sending in reinforcements, while the Americans built up on Hawaii for the invasion. Now frankly I think if the Japanese had takened half of North America and posed an imminent threat to Washington, the Americans might have let up a bit on the Germans. I'm going to have to play the Allies to figure out how the Allies built so much without America in the supply chain.

Now this leads to my major question..I have yet to figure out how to manage Japanese supply well. I take territory but then have no supply left to turn back on resources and factories, or I turn on factories and resources and get instantly blocked by the ally player. Anyone written their doctorate on this yet? I'd love to read. Then I read in the anti-sub thread I should be maxing out research in ASW, but then that tanks my supply builds...The Manchurian Candidate can only do so much.

And I think the game could use a speed button. Spent almost 2 years with zero supply after the Germans fell and the allies surrounded Japan with subs. It often seems to me that the game for the Japanese is getting all the pieces in play until 1944 and then you just watch the allies attack you because you can't move (no supply).

Thanks for help.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI