Game Not Starting (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support

FreedomRock -> Game Not Starting (2/1/2007 9:29:05 PM)

I have downloaded a few different versions of Maximum-Football, and have had the same problem everytime. The main game file never starts, and whenever the Utilities file tries to start, a message stating "ActiveX component can't create object" appears. I had this problem on my old computer because it was outdated, but I'm not sure what the problem on my new computer is. I bought it in June of 2006, so I thought that just about everything should have been up to date. I've attached my DxDiag file so any problems can be diagnosed.

Marauders -> RE: Game Not Starting (2/1/2007 9:34:04 PM)

Reinstall DirectX 9.0c

David Winter -> RE: Game Not Starting (2/1/2007 9:34:11 PM)

When you install the game, one of the last things you're prompted for is to 'install game components' and 'Install DirectX'.

Both those values need to be checked when you install the game.

FreedomRock -> RE: Game Not Starting (2/1/2007 10:02:59 PM)

I have installed DirectX 9.0c, and still have no further success.  I'm not sure where exactly the problem lies.  Should I re-install the game?  If so, how do I uninstall it first?

Marauders -> RE: Game Not Starting (2/1/2007 10:54:57 PM)

quote:

Should I re-install the game?  If so, how do I uninstall it first?

I'd try that.  You can uninstall via Windows Add/Delete Program or from the Start/Programs/Maximum-Football/Uninstall menu.

Make sure that the "install game components" and "Install DirectX" are checked, and wait for it to complete.  There is a pause before completion.

I had a similar problem when my DirectX file became corrupted.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI