MULTI-PLAY FOR HP3 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support

kadok53 -> MULTI-PLAY FOR HP3 (2/4/2007 6:49:04 AM)

CAN'T GET PAST "WAITING FOR SERVER". IT NEVER CONNECTS. ANY ADVICE??
THANKS

TonyE -> RE: MULTI-PLAY FOR HP3 (2/5/2007 7:41:42 AM)

Hi,
I can't give you greatly detailed instructions at the moment but I did just connect to my H3 server successfully using 3.8.0 RC6. Here's what you can do to try the same:

1. Run the Harpoon 3 ANW Launcher, aka H3Launcher.exe in your H3 ANW directory, I'm using version 2.4 of the launcher

2. Go to the "Multiplayer options" tab in the launcher

3. For and IP, enter 72.21.228.42

4. For Port, enter 14343

5. Server Name matters not, that's only if you are being the server for a game

6. Player Name set to whatever moniker you want when in the game

7. Click OK to save the settings and close the launcher

8. Start the Harpoon 3 ANW Launcher again and go to the Multiplayer options tab.

9. Click the big "Launch Harpoon3Client.exe and connect to server" button. You should eventually see your favorite waiting for server message, then after a minute or two another message, and finally find yourself in the lobby (your name will show under "Lobby" heading) where you can set up a session or join an open session someone else has created.

Notes: The server piece can be a bit finicky and tends to like one player joining at a time, once first player is in lobby, second player loads client, etc. As such coordination helps, visit #harpgamer on newnet IRC network to track me down, I'm available fairly often and can also be reached via PM here at the Matrix forum. Oh, there is the PHP chat at www.HarpGamer.com too if IRC presents a problem.

Notes: The StratSims server referenced above is but one H3 server, there are others at times but we tend to be running more often and more publicly than any others so it is a good place to get the kinks out. As stated in the Opponents forum, I'm happy to load scens and databases that players want to use but PDB is the default (until HUD3 anyway) because some people actually come play and the PDB folks send me all of the files in a nice simple format so I don't have to exert any more effort than neccessary to keep the server running with that database, I welcome other parties to do the same, with effort similar to what the PDB folks have shown I'll put up simultaneous servers again running those other databases.

Flankerk -> RE: MULTI-PLAY FOR HP3 (2/5/2007 12:03:46 PM)

Well worth trying #Harpoon on mIRC, certainly scenarios played out there,from a variety of databases.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI