Campaign Game: One interesting experience. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Greg McCarty -> Campaign Game: One interesting experience. (8/14/2000 8:55:00 AM)

I'll submit this just for the heck of it. I'm in the middle of my first SPwaw campaign game. Using Russians --cause its a challenge. 1943 scenario: Defend. Core group: 2 inf Co's 2 Mg/light morter plat. Turn 10 -center collapses. Massive Ger arm assault. My 4 t-34s already in ruins. About ready to withdraw, and cut losses. I feel guilty about copping out. I ask myself: What would the Russians likely have done? Answer: To hell with convention, just conserve forces, and exact every casualty you can wring out with surviving units. So I did. Salvaged one experienced Co intact while making a tenacious stand on two hilltops. Fought a street brawl on the back roads, and villages. End result: 33 Ger afvs in flames. 11 Ger halftracks in wreckage. Remains of 2 Ger inf Co's in rags. Marginal Rus Victory. (My force didnt look too hot either) Not bad for an old fart! Oh, and the AI is set at level 4. [This message has been edited by Greg McCarty (edited August 13, 2000).]

Tankhead -> (8/14/2000 9:57:00 AM)

Hello Greg! I see you having fun with all the carnage [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] Amazing what happen when you regroup and get killing again. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Fredde -> (8/14/2000 2:17:00 PM)

About campaigns, last night my core force of a SS mech company and a tank company equipped with pz-38(t)'s and pzI's made a heroic stand and made 2500 assaulting polish soldiers bite the grass together with approximately 50 tanks. That's a human wave assault to me ;-) Own casualties: 54 men, 5 apc's and 2 afv's but not a single nco or officer. One of my best results ever!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI