RE: CL Boise On Steroids? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

castor troy -> RE: CL Boise On Steroids? (11/20/2007 2:25:29 PM)

The Boise isnīt invincible at all! This is from my ongoing game against Swift.

First:

Night Time Surface Combat, near Jolo at 38,59

Japanese Ships
APD APD-1, Shell hits 16, and is sunk
APD APD-2, Shell hits 27, and is sunk
AP Hayo Maru, on fire
AP Kumakawa Maru

Allied Ships
CL Boise, Shell hits 1

I have to admit, watching that fight I thought I would exactly run into a Boise that will shoot up everything that is within 15 hexes...

but then, the next day:

Night Time Surface Combat, near Tarakan at 33,61

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
SOC-3 Seagull: 2 destroyed

Japanese Ships
CA Maya, Shell hits 2
CA Ashigara, Shell hits 1, on fire
CA Suzuya
CA Kumano
DD Yamagumo
DD Fubuki, on fire, heavy damage
DD Usugumo
DD Satsuki
DD Minazuki
DD Fumizuki

Allied Ships
CL Boise, Shell hits 36, and is sunk

the Boise was shot to pieces by CA Kumano which hit her with 8 inch shells on and on until she sunk. She did no damage at all in this round...

jumper -> RE: CL Boise On Steroids? (11/20/2007 3:03:03 PM)

Yup, sometimes Boise has bad day. I have lost her once in a fight with just 2 jap DDs. Surprise - Long Lance attack - hit - magazin explode - gulp, gulp..
But mostly she goes down with amazing amount of enemies. Surprisingly I never had similar succeses with other brooklyn class cruisers despite similar circumstances..

niceguy2005 -> RE: CL Boise On Steroids? (11/20/2007 6:45:04 PM)

I ALWAYS lose Boise in the first day or two.  Rarely has she ever sunk a ship.  Even when facing off against just a handful of DDs she gets sunk by the long lance. [8|]

grumbler -> RE: CL Boise On Steroids? (11/20/2007 9:29:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

The Boise isnīt invincible at all! This is from my ongoing game against Swift.

First:
[snip]

but then, the next day:

[snip]

the Boise was shot to pieces by CA Kumano which hit her with 8 inch shells on and on until she sunk. She did no damage at all in this round...

How much ammo do you think Boise had left after the first battle? I wouldn't be surprised if she was almost empty, and that is a weakness of any single ship: ammo will run out and then you're done.

histgamer -> RE: CL Boise On Steroids? (11/20/2007 11:41:35 PM)

Just sank a japense taskforce (1 CL 4 DDs) with Boise in my current PBEM that just started... Then again i also had 3 dutch CLs and the CA Hou and 10 destroyers so i dont know if that counts...[:D]

String -> RE: CL Boise On Steroids? (11/21/2007 12:02:17 AM)

Well a japanese TF consisting of a CL and 3 DD's is basically 4 DD's vs. everything with guns bigger than 5".

MineSweeper -> RE: CL Boise On Steroids? (11/21/2007 12:28:06 AM)

That ship is to be feared....I usually devote my mini KB to naval targets until she is sunk.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI