HELP AIR? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

freeboy -> HELP AIR? (2/8/2007 9:12:09 AM)

ok, I posted a while back about ths issue, and was told that when you get your moving units attacked.. behind your lines in Fite for example, the enemy units doingthe attacking, air of course , are on combat support. IS this or is this not corect? I just watched in HORRER as my German air units sat on the ground as division after division of Red army troops rolled, all the while I have LOTS of planes sitting on the ground in combat support, nice day out hinze, JHA Frits, lets fly out and match all those nice trains pas us by!.. what pissses me, REALLLY is I know my other fite games my troops re getting all shot to hell and back so WTF? I may just have to sa FT and ask my oponenent to restart.. so is it Combat support.. is there something ellse they need to be? They are in supply, and many where used already, during my attack phase in my Gemran turn, but really not ONE ATTACK? please help!

freeboy -> RE: HELP AIR? (2/8/2007 9:13:31 AM)

These units where in supply and in range, I have a huge air suppiriorty edge, early Fite game, and do not think any attacks have uccured thanks in advance

panzerpelle -> RE: HELP AIR? (2/8/2007 9:23:30 AM)

You should set the airunits on interdiction instead of combat support if you want them to attack moving enemy ground units. combat support supports your own units when attacking enemy units (adds to the attack).

freeboy -> RE: HELP AIR? (2/8/2007 9:27:06 AM)

ok, I specifically asked and I think it was one of the senior guys in the thred said the opisate... I am so incredibly pissed off right now, talk about 25 hours wasted !.. well, At least that is clear.. is it in the manual? I am goingthere right now...
AAAUUUUGGH... the cry of a desperate general about to be shot by his leader.sic

ok justfound hte thread and i was clea in hindsight.

panzerpelle -> RE: HELP AIR? (2/8/2007 9:38:54 AM)

Live and learn as they say...25 hrs is a long time... Be sure to check your air units after every combat round as the units on airsuperiority can be knocked down to rest.

freeboy -> RE: HELP AIR? (2/8/2007 11:29:56 AM)

My oponent surely is not going to like our next game if we restart.. I sure hope so, totally my error. I think for the larger scens, fite is right up there... thanks all.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI