Serial Number Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Reno -> Serial Number Problem (2/10/2007 2:16:57 PM)

I recently tried to patch Starshatter but received a message that my serial number was not a valid number even though it was the one given to me at that time of purchase. When I contacted the online store they recommended I contact you, so here I am.

Marc von Martial -> RE: Serial Number Problem (2/10/2007 7:27:15 PM)

Where did you buy it?

Reno -> RE: Serial Number Problem (2/11/2007 7:50:52 AM)

Bought at Matrix Games.  If you pull up my purchase history you'll see it with several other games I've purchased along with the order numbers and serial numbers.  All serial numbers except Starshatter's work fine. Let me know if you need the order number or serial number.

Marc von Martial -> RE: Serial Number Problem (2/11/2007 12:58:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reno

Bought at Matrix Games. If you pull up my purchase history you'll see it with several other games I've purchased along with the order numbers and serial numbers. All serial numbers except Starshatter's work fine. Let me know if you need the order number or serial number.

Please check the game version in the "main screen". It might very well be that your version of Starshatter is already up to date if you bought recently. You might have gotten a number of a "newer" serial number set, those are not included in "old" patch installers.

Reno -> RE: Serial Number Problem (2/11/2007 2:44:32 PM)

I purchased Starshatter on January 23, 2006, a little over a year ago.  At that time I could not register because the serial number provided was identified as an "invalid key" even though I was able to download and install the game using that number.  Recent attempts to re-register have met with similar results.  I've been blocked from patching due to the same "invalid key" indication.  I'm not sure what "main screen" you're referring to.  The main startup screen with the "Play" button, Starshatter visual, and links to Matrix forums has no version number that I can see.  There is a number after the game starts, above the tabs for missions, campaigns, logbooks, options, etc. that reads 4.0.2.  I always thought that was a stardate or something.

Marc von Martial -> RE: Serial Number Problem (2/11/2007 6:33:18 PM)

Are you trying to instal th epatch for "Starshatter - The Gathering Storm" ? SSTGS is a sequel to the original Starshatter.

Reno -> RE: Serial Number Problem (2/12/2007 3:02:27 AM)

quote:

Are you trying to instal th epatch for "Starshatter - The Gathering Storm" ? SSTGS is a sequel to the original Starshatter.

No.  The patch link at matrix for the original starshatter doesn't work.  I was able to download the patch (4.5.0) from another site yesterday.  In looking closer, it doesn't look like the original Starshatter is supported by matrix any longer.  The registration screen only has the Starshatter TGS option now.  I don't think it's possible to register the original Starshatter.  Anyway, my main concern was to patch the game and that's been done.  Thanks for the time.  It was appreciated. 

Marc von Martial -> RE: Serial Number Problem (2/12/2007 11:18:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reno

quote:

No. The patch link at matrix for the original starshatter doesn't work. I was able to download the patch (4.5.0) from another site yesterday. In looking closer, it doesn't look like the original Starshatter is supported by matrix any longer. The registration screen only has the Starshatter TGS option now. I don't think it's possible to register the original Starshatter. Anyway, my main concern was to patch the game and that's been done. Thanks for the time. It was appreciated.

So the patch installer from "another site" did accept the serial number?

Reno -> RE: Serial Number Problem (2/13/2007 12:59:53 AM)

quote:

So the patch installer from "another site" did accept the serial number?

No.  I was able to install the patch without any need for a serial number.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI