CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron

Shaun Wallace -> CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (2/11/2007 10:37:13 PM)

Hia Guys,

As there has been the slight delay in release of CoI, we thought it would be good to post some new info, screenshots etc.

The new screens show some of the new maps, in game shots and action shots.

We felt that for all those waiting patiently and not so patiently deserved something to keep them going. There is a lot in the CC:CoI package, which you will soon have your hands on, hope you all enjoy the sneak preview!

http://www.closecombat.org/CSO/index.php

For those of you who have been following the development, you will already know that this is a re-release of the classic Close Combat III game, originally developed by Atomic, and published by Microsoft. However, this is not just the original game wrapped up in a new box! There are many new and modified features, so where to start?

There's a lot of graphics in this preview, so be patient while it all loads. We are sure you will not be dissapointed... Click Here

Not for the modem impaired, enjoy and it will soon be with you guys ;)

Sulla - AKA - Shaun Wallace

[image]http://www.closecombat.org/CSO/index.17.jpg[/image]

e_barkmann -> RE: CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (2/11/2007 11:18:48 PM)

thankyou. Now THAT'S a preview :-)

Shaun Wallace -> RE: CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (2/12/2007 1:08:41 AM)

We try ;)

Its the passion in all of us for wargames and especially Close Combat that has really made the remakes and CC6 a reality. We want this out to everyone soonest and until it is out there, this is to give everyone a taster ;)

Enjoy - All @ Simtek

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (2/12/2007 1:12:14 AM)

Did you guys expunge the swastika from the game?

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Llyranor -> RE: CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (2/12/2007 1:39:21 AM)

26 new maps? That's a substantial number. Very nice. The maps also look quite nice.

Given that I haven't played the original, looks like I'll get this on day 1.

Beeblebrox -> RE: CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (2/12/2007 2:04:13 AM)

quote:

Given that I haven't played the original,
My, aren't you in for a fest!  CoI gives you ALL the original Maps, Battles, Operations, and Campaigns as well as all the new stuff we have added...

tigercub -> RE: CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (2/12/2007 3:10:43 AM)

repeat thank you. Now THAT'S a preview

MarkShot -> RE: CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (2/12/2007 3:13:41 AM)

Greetings, Shaun!

So, are you no longer on staff with Matrix as it has been a long time, since I have seen you around?

Just received your email and visited the CSO link. I think the most important thing for me will be how extensive the AI improvements are. I have copies of CC3/CC4/CC5 along with lots of mods (like Real Red and Vet mods). I always thought for a 2D game that it had a superb interface and feature set. On the other hand, despite the improvement in the Vet mods the AI was a major dissappointment and ultimately I gave up on it.

So, I will be very interested to know how the AI has been improved beyond just the crawl of death and the dizzying dance of vehicles.

Thanks.

BTW - one other feature that was surely lacking was ability to change the item assigned to bars and soldier outlines by just using hot keys instead of having to use a dialogue box each time.

Canuck_jp -> RE: CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (2/12/2007 3:18:07 AM)

Ok I'll buy.  I wasn't convinced by the screenshots but after receiving the email and checking out the preview I see that there's a lot of improvements-probably the most important being the standard lobby, massive online campaign and a standard in-game mod tool.  That and the fact that CC3 (and 1) I've never owned before so now would be a good chance to pick up a copy.

I have one question though-I noticed in the lobby that there was more than just CC3 available.  Will we be able to use this lobby now to play other CC games?

Also, how much is the new CC going for?

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (2/12/2007 3:23:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince of Eckmühl

Did you guys expunge the swastika from the game?

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

Never mind.

In a moment of clarity, I realized that the developers can't "expunge" something that wasn't included in the original.

One of these days, the censors are gonna have to do something with that nasty old "hammer and sickle," though. [:-]

Irrespective of inconsistencies in the game's art, I know that folks will enjoy this re-release.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

KG_Absolute -> RE: CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (2/12/2007 5:14:09 AM)

Hmmm, the review looks tasty.  Better than I had envisioned.  Now, I know for sure that my son (and his friends) will be happy...but my wife and daughter...I don't think they are going to be getting to much time.  Damn, Valentine's Day is right around the corner too![:'(]  Hey, wait...I can get my wife to get me this as a present...yeah, sure. 

The review looks great and the price....even better?  $49.99   SOLD!

jukofyork -> RE: CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (2/12/2007 12:41:22 PM)

Looks great, but I can feel today's gonna go going slowly waiting for the release... "Refresh", "Nope, not yet", "Refresh", "Nope, not yet", "Refresh", "Nope, not yet", ... lol [:D]

Very much looking forward to playing CC again after all these years.

Juk [:)]

rebon -> RE: CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (2/12/2007 2:17:00 PM)

Jukoftork, no what you mean mate my refresh key is is a state of collapse :) UK time 12:15 still refreshing :(

Beeblebrox -> RE: CC: CoI Quick Preview # NEW # (2/12/2007 3:42:25 PM)

quote:

Will we be able to use this lobby now to play other CC games?
Yes.

quote:

I can feel today's gonna go going slowly waiting for the release... "Refresh", "Nope, not yet", "Refresh", "Nope, not yet", "Refresh", "Nope, not yet"
[:D] And as many of you as possible.. [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI