RE: Get a Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Forge of Freedom Update! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

elmo3 -> RE: Get a Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Forge of Freedom Update! (2/21/2007 4:13:21 PM)

In the screenshot above the Knoxville battle results look curious. The rebs outnumbered the bluebellies about 40-1 yet each side suffered roughly the same casualties. Some details of why that happened would be helpful when reporting the results.

Edit - screenshot is on page 2

Erik Rutins -> RE: Get a Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Forge of Freedom Update! (2/21/2007 4:32:45 PM)

First, as always, note that any previews are from a beta which is still being tested. That looks like a reporting error to me - I would guess that it missed a major reinforcement group when listing the total forces for the report or something similar. Based on the casualties, there were obviously far more forces involved.

elmo3 -> RE: Get a Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Forge of Freedom Update! (2/21/2007 4:57:14 PM)

Thanks Erik. It did look like some kind of error which is why I mentioned it.

Gil R. -> RE: Get a Sneak Peek of the Upcoming Forge of Freedom Update! (2/21/2007 7:52:01 PM)

That Knoxville battle was fought at QC, so I can't provide details. But what's happening in the "Southern Steel" scenario is that the Union has so much money and resources that it can give virtually every brigade one or more brigade attributes, so my CSA guys, who had superior quality and generals, were up against some very deadly troops. My guys kept rallying and continuing the fight, and caused a lot of damage to the enemy, but ultimately they all broke. So the similar casualty figures are a testament to the overall (lowercase-q) quality of the CSA army.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI