ProcessGuard & Multiple monitors: "Windows cannot create any more DCs" (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support

jukofyork -> ProcessGuard & Multiple monitors: "Windows cannot create any more DCs" (2/13/2007 3:09:27 AM)

Just ran into a problem with my multiple monitor system: with both monitors active then CC:COI comes up with the message "Windows cannot create any more DCs" (where I assume DC = Device Context) and exits on startup.

Anyway, very easy to fix by just temporarily disabling the second monitor, but I thought I should post the problem and solution incase anybody else has a dual monitor system and gets the same message.

Juk :)

jukofyork -> RE: Multiple monitors: "Windows cannot create any more DCs" (2/13/2007 3:18:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jukofyork

Just ran into a problem with my multiple monitor system: with both monitors active then CC:COI comes up with the message "Windows cannot create any more DCs" (where I assume DC = Device Context) and exits on startup.

Anyway, very easy to fix by just temporarily disabling the second monitor, but I thought I should post the problem and solution incase anybody else has a dual monitor system and gets the same message.

Please ignore this! It turns out that it's not the multiple monitors thats the root cause of the problem; it's because I'm running some anti-spyware sofware called "ProcessGuard". As soon as I turned off ProcessGuard then everything worked fine (and it's working fine in 1600x1200 = WOW!!!!).

Andrew Williams -> RE: Multiple monitors: "Windows cannot create any more DCs" (2/13/2007 8:02:21 AM)

Can you take a photo of a dual screen set up?

jukofyork -> RE: Multiple monitors: "Windows cannot create any more DCs" (2/13/2007 1:26:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: schrecken

Can you take a photo of a dual screen set up?

Close combat doesn't span over both screens if that's what you're thinking? :)

It just displays on th main monitor and the 2nd monitor stays as it is.

Beeblebrox -> RE: Multiple monitors: "Windows cannot create any more DCs" (2/13/2007 2:50:30 PM)

Thank you for the feedback jukofyork.  Looks like you are our twin monitor dude now [;)]

We haven't found an upper limit for the display yet.  Several reports of 1600x1200 running ok.  Anyone successfully run it higher than that?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI