Game won't start at all? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support

Field83 -> Game won't start at all? (2/13/2007 7:33:37 PM)

Hiya,
Well was looking foward to this one since i played the original CC 3 until the cd was almost worn out :-)

Anyway i got it today installed it, but the single player campaign just won't start. I hear the intro music see a loading bar shortly then the games dies on me..

I have the latest drivers of course win xp with all latest updates (nvidia 7950 gfx card sb, XFI sound card)and everything else game wise is running just fine on my computer.

Seems to be a compability issue somwhere but i can't really figure out what. Any pointer on where to look is helpful. Is the game sensitive to desktop resolution? Is there an debugmode without sound?

Anyone else experience the same kind of problems?

Field83 -> RE: Game won't start at all? (2/13/2007 7:51:38 PM)

Well got it to work. Seems to be an codec issue. The game hung itself on the first intro video. "ATOMLOGO.AVI." I made an copy of the MSLOGO.AVI in the same folder and renamed it o "ATOMLOGO.AVI." And hey the game started just fine! So i guess the first movie is encoded in some format that my computer has an compability issue with..

old man of the sea -> RE: Game won't start at all? (2/14/2007 4:28:32 AM)

man, that bug is so old......

You need the codec for it yes, and that is the standard work around.

E

Randall Grubb -> RE: Game won't start at all? (2/14/2007 6:17:40 AM)

Humm, the old Intel Codex installer was supposed to be an install option and also in the Support folder.

Go to http://www.closecombat.org/CSO/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=17&orderby=dateD. Download and install the Intel Codex.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Game won't start at all? (2/14/2007 11:45:46 AM)

I know I mentioned something about codecs.... but what was it.

easy fix though :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI