Default Installation Path (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support

Llyranor -> Default Installation Path (2/13/2007 9:54:52 PM)

Can you install in anything other than the default path that the installation gives you? It only lets me select the drive (C, D, E, etc), not the directory. I don't want to install in [...]Program Files/[...]. Am I missing a step here?

[image]local://upfiles/20539/04B7AC029CE14FD580C2F3BB0F62F890.jpg[/image]

Beeblebrox -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/13/2007 10:26:13 PM)

Only the drive.  I could cite a variety of reasons why that happened, but just say it's the Developers call here.

Thrash -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/14/2007 12:05:36 AM)

Sorry, but it's very funny and silly, that when I buy a game for 40$ I cannot even choose a catalog, where I want to install the game. What if I don't have space on my C Drive ? I Must Install game on D: in "Program Files" ?

And this is that super mega great CC:CoI from powerfull Matrix Games [&o]

silly

If I buy game for 40$ I expect quality product not "I could cite a variety of reasons why that happened, but just say it's the Developers call here."

TheJoat -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/14/2007 12:52:41 AM)

Yes, this is a bummer. I install all my games on my Games (G:) volume. This is the ONLY game I have that won't let me change the directory...and the first time I've had a Program Files directory on that drive!

Oh well...back to playing...[;)]

LarryP -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/14/2007 1:20:57 AM)

I was surprised to find that I had to accept Program Files as the directory. I have ALL my Matrix games under:
f:\Matrix Games\Game Name
It reminded me of the days of Windows 3.1. I hope this is the worst of my problems though... [;)]

Thrash -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/14/2007 5:29:05 PM)

I think that problem with installation path is very discourage. Especially for modders. Previous CCIII is very flexible in installation why CoI isn't ?

Terminus -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/14/2007 5:30:59 PM)

But you haven't bought it, have you? Have you even gotten around to stealing a copy yet?

Thrash -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/14/2007 5:42:57 PM)

Terminus, I want buy oryginal, really. But I'm confuse with this "Program Files" problem (yes, this is problem for me).

LitFuel -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/14/2007 7:09:47 PM)

I think you guys complaining need to get a life...not a biggie.

Marc von Martial -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/14/2007 7:21:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thrash

I think that problem with installation path is very discourage. Especially for modders. Previous CCIII is very flexible in installation why CoI isn't ?

What would the problem for modders be in particular? I have modded CC to death myself, and I do not see anything that should cause problems for modders with a fixed installation path. In fact it is much easier for modders cause people are even more aware now of that fine application called ModSwap.

COI isn't "flexible" (you can always choose a hardrive of choice) because of the KISS principle. The extended features of this release with the added content make it necessary that a given path is needed.

Marc von Martial -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/14/2007 7:21:57 PM)

quote:

Terminus, I want buy oryginal, really. But I'm confuse with this "Program Files" problem (yes, this is problem for me).

If that is a real problem for you then I think you really need to evaluate your definition of "problem".
Yet you have "no problem" using P2P software for sharing content of copyrighted material and software. In fact you are encouraging it on the publishers forum. That, my friend, is a problem.

Thrash -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/14/2007 7:45:20 PM)

ok, sorry. But why "Program Files" ? If game recognize driver letter why not catalog ?

For example:
I have drive D with CC games and catalogs looks like this:

Close Combat 4 - VetBoB v1.13
Close Combat II - Afrika
Close Combat IV
Close Combat V

After installing CoI this looks like this

Close Combat II - Afrika
Close Combat IV
Close Combat V
Program Files

why ??? [8|]

Marc von Martial -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/14/2007 7:48:23 PM)

quote:

ok, sorry. But why "Program Files" ? If game recognize driver letter why not catalog ?

For example:
I have drive D with CC games and catalogs looks like this:

Close Combat II - Afrika
Close Combat IV
Close Combat V

After installing CoI this looks like this

Close Combat II - Afrika
Close Combat IV
Close Combat V
Program Files

why ??? [8|]

Read my post.

And where is the big problem with it anyway?

Thrash -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/14/2007 8:08:01 PM)

quote:

Read my post.

And where is the big problem with it anyway?

ehh... I expect high quality production (like from Microsoft, do You remember Installers from CC2 & CC3 ?). I hope that in other reissues I can change folder...

Regard

Beeblebrox -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/14/2007 9:59:52 PM)

I can see we are going to get on just fine with brother Thrash [:)]

I can see there is something in it.  I would love to install Windows with the System Folder called Satan's Lair, have Damn the Evil Empire instead of My Documents, and Mucous from Hell instead of Program Files.  What fun I could have instead of playing Close Combat... [;)]

The CC2 and 3 installers are excellent.  They even installed the games.

quote:

I hope that in other reissues I can change folder...
is already on the table.

Sledge -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/16/2007 4:00:15 AM)

Well I went through the registry entries and there's only ~20 of them, simple matter to move it if you really want too, and know how to modify registry without killing your pc [:D]

Thrash -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/16/2007 3:21:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge

Well I went through the registry entries and there's only ~20 of them, simple matter to move it if you really want too, and know how to modify registry without killing your pc [:D]

Thx Sledge for information :).

But for me this is one more reason to think that intstaller is very bad. Simply value in registry to change...

Shaun Wallace -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/16/2007 4:42:13 PM)

Good posts Marc ;) Yiu could NOT make it any clearer

quote:

I can see we are going to get on just fine with brother Thrash [:)]

I can see there is something in it.  I would love to install Windows with the System Folder called Satan's Lair, have Damn the Evil Empire instead of My Documents, and Mucous from Hell instead of Program Files.  What fun I could have instead of playing Close Combat...

Too funny ;)

Sulla

JudgeDredd -> RE: Default Installation Path (2/16/2007 4:54:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

But you haven't bought it, have you? Have you even gotten around to stealing a copy yet?

Terminus, do you have any proof this man steals software? If not, that's a pretty harsh comment to make.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI