"Unable to create multimedia stream" - error (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support

Arget -> "Unable to create multimedia stream" - error (2/14/2007 12:41:54 AM)

Gentlemen, when trying to launch the game I receive above error message[&:]. All drivers on my maschine are updated to the most recent versions. Have you got any ideas?

Cheers

arget

Erik Rutins -> RE: "Unable to create multimedia stream" - error (2/14/2007 3:12:31 AM)

Do you see the introductory logo videos at all or does this happen as soon as you launch the game? Could you post a DxDiag file for us please?

e_barkmann -> RE: "Unable to create multimedia stream" - error (2/14/2007 3:41:46 AM)

this is the old, old error that's thrown up when the correct video codec can't be located to play the intro videos.

I think there's a simple workaround though...just can't think of it right now....

KWP -> RE: "Unable to create multimedia stream" - error (2/14/2007 5:55:27 AM)

In the other versions of CC you can bypass the videos at startup by pressing the [Ctrl] key while you launch.

Randall Grubb -> RE: "Unable to create multimedia stream" - error (2/14/2007 6:20:23 AM)

Download and install the old Intel Codex from http://www.closecombat.org/CSO/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=17&orderby=dateD

If that doesn't work, hold down the Ctrl key when initiating the game .exe. That will open the Options window. In the General tab, uncheck the Enable Videos box and close the window. The game should launch.

Arget -> RE: "Unable to create multimedia stream" - error (2/15/2007 11:50:24 PM)

Gentlemen,

enabling the videos worked - remembered the problem from way back when....

Off to play now.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers

Arget

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI